cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Determination based on ATP without sub-items

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have read tons for threads regarding this subject, and yet I am unclear on the answer.

Is it possible, using standard material determination config, to have a material switched by another one if no stock is available for the first one without the use of sub-items.

I was able to configure this scenario with sub-items using outcome A or B, but I do not want to have sub-items on the order; I simply want the product to be switched when no stock is available.

If not possible, I guess I need to resort to using a requirement....

Thanks for your help,

Patrick

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chidambaram, I have tried substitution reason 03 in 2 ways that both did not work:

1) VB11

Mat A replaced by Mat A

Alternative material = Material B

Result: Sales line does not replace Mat A by Mat B if no stock is available. Instead shows me the Availability control screen for Mat A saying not enough stock for that material

1) VB11

Mat A replaced by Mat B

Sales line switches the material no matter stock availability or not

Sadanandam: it seems to me that I have to use a requirement for this simple scenario, as you seem to point out....

Can someone confirm my results are standard SAP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have to maintain condition records for material records, how we can maintain condrecords if it is for ATP availability material. for which material we maintain condrecords, thats the issue.

So consult abaper like follow:

1. raise the sales order and give unavailable material. check the system response with the help of abaper

2. i believe we have to maintain one Z-table in that all available material in order of preference.

3. give the logic like if sales order given material not available, system should check the Z-table material stocks and replace them.

4. here see the possibility of go through material determination - required or not.

hope u get something out of this

regards,

sadanandam kasarla

bcrao
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use Substitution reason 3

Chidambaram