cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strategy to use Xref lookup table

0 Kudos

Hi,

For Xref lookup table, we are currently using a SAP Abap table but the problem is that we need to have a connection from Java stack where is performed the mapping. So we have a point of failure here.

Additionnally, we have a potential of performance issue because we have only one Xref table so the table is very big.

I would like to know what is strategy is used for Xref lookup table ? Do you use the standard PI Value mapping process ? or another solution ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pascal,

1. you should not maintain any such table in XI ..as there would be a problem of synchronisation of data between SAP table and XI table

2. I also think that lookup will not be a good option as the RFC might return a lot of values and it is not in the XI system itself ..it is on another SAP system

I think you can convert this into a synchronous RFC interface ...

i.e if you are using source as a file and you want that the response of the RFC should also go as a file ..you can use FILE-RFC-FILE without BPM....

or else you can use a BPM..

1. receive step

2. sync send

3. transformation ( if required)

4. async send

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You may create an RFC in SAP system to access the Xref table values. This RFC could then be used in PI and RFC lookup could be performed.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can create the SAP table in XI and write an ABAP mapping to access this table. This would avoid the communication failure from Java Stack to SAP. The downside to this however is that you would have to maintain the table in XI also.