cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merge PDF Object for Multi-Lingual Repository

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All-

I have a repository with 3 languages and I want to merge 3 separate PDFs into a single record so I can assign them to their respective language layers.

The process I'm following (from the Data Manager Reference guide) is:

1. Upload the PDFs to the PDF objects table

2. Select all three PDFs

3. Choose Objects -> Merge Objects from the Main Menu

4. When the Merge dialog window opens, I double-click any language layer to assign the right PDF file.

At that point, Data Manager crashes. However, when I perform the same steps for merging images it seems to work.

This seems like a bug to me, but I thought I'd put it out here if anyone has any advice or can help me correct this.

Thanks

Tim

MDM Version 5.5 SP06 Patch 1 (5.5.61.48)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

Try doing this way

1. In the Records pane, select all of the object records i.e PDF's you want to merge.

2. Right-click on the single selected object record you want to survive the merge and choose Merge Into from the context menu not main menu.

1. Since the right-click is necessary to identify the surviving record among the group of records to be merged, the Merge Into command is available only through the Records pane context menu and not the main menu.

Please let me know if this worked

Thanks

SR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply, Shilpa. I did try your suggestion and got the same result. The merging process seems to occur fine, however as soon as I want to edit the object layers to assign PDFs to languages, Data Manager crashes.

Also, I'm not sure what you suggest is the correct process for multi-lingual content. I think the Merge-Into function is used to consolidate duplicate content (thereby deleting/replacing all but the selected objects), not create object layers.

Tim