cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with INVOICE01 iDoc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm trying to do a MIRO from an INVOICE01 iDoc using TEST tool WE19 and function module "IDOC_INPUT_INVOIC_MRM".

I can get it to post the MIRO properly for a non taxable item but as soon as I try to post to a PO line that is taxable I get error "Balance not zero: 17.37 debits: 133.65 credits: 151.02"

This line has total invoice amount of $151.02, total amount excluding tax of $133.65, and tax amount of $17.27.

I cannot figure out where on the idoc these values need to be. I've tried every variaton I can think of and I'm stumped.

Any help would be appreciated. I need to know which records and segments I need to use. And I'm under considerable pressure to figure this out "yesterday". Thank you.

Dan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

figured it out ... thanks.

karthika_ravi
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you pls share the reason / solution? We are facing the same problem at the moment.

Thanks,

Karthika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello;

I got the same error message. I was able to solve it by following oss note 398414.

I put below an extract of what need to be change in the customizing.

Note 398414 - EDI: processing of tax code / tax amount

Symptom

You want to edit an invoice via EDI. The invoice Idoc, however, runs into status "51" (incorrect). The system generates error message M8534:

"Balance not zero: & debits: & credits: &"

With the amount displayed as a balance, it is the tax amount.

Additional key words

idoc, idoc_input_invoic_mrm, idoc_input_invoic_mm, M8534, tax

Cause and prerequisites

Consulting

Solution

On the item level (segment E1EDP04) only the tax codes are read when the invoice Idocs are processed; the tax amounts are not read from these segments.

For each tax code, a segment E1EDK04 must exist with the total tax amount for this control indicator on the header level. Thus, the tax amounts are read from these segments (E1EDK04).

You must set the Customizing for the creation of the invoice Idoc so that the corresponding E1EDK04 segments are generated. Change this setting by using Transaction V/08. To do this you must setthe tax condition as follows: "S: Printing at totals level".

Hope it is helping.

Regards

Arnaud