cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop-Down List and Submit by mail button trouble

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I designed a for with a drop-down list . The value of the drop-down list are set dynamicaly depending on an internal table of the interface.

When user receive the form, the drop-down is well populate .

In the same for i got a "submit by mail" button , when user click on it a mail is created with an attachment which is the XML file.

My problem is in the xml file i retrieve one time the text of the drop-down value another time i retrieve the key of the drop-down value.

We have made several test and it seems to be a trouble on Adobe size and not on SAP size but i can't find anything to solved it .

Does somebody face this issue and how it has been solved.

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Bertrand,

I have a probelm populating the drop down field from ECC. Can you please tel me how to do that. i am using ZCI type form.

Thanks,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

In wich scenario are you ( off-line or on-line ) ?

For my off-line scenario with the form, in the Adobe LifeCycle Designer i link value of my dropdown to the content of an internal table define as a parameter of the form.

Regards.

Bertrand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mine is online. Can you tell me the steps how you populate the drop down field. where does the values come from. is it coding or thorugh search helps.

How do you asign the internal table to the attribute defined in the context.

Thanks,

Nikhil

Edited by: NIKHILKUMAR POOJARI on Apr 6, 2009 2:37 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

when you designed your form, you have set a field to a dropdownlist box field. In the Object Tab you can set the List item , just click on "List Item" text in green , then you can define a link to an internal table define in your Interface.

Are you using WebDynpro Abap or JAva ? If it's Abap your interface should be based on XML not on a DDIC , i got problem with this currently and OSS Support doesn't want to help me before i put my interface as a AXML one's .

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bertrand,

You need to check (and experiment) with two options on the field tab of the object palette.

• Allow custom text entry, is this allowed?

• Commit on (select or exit)

Do you have scripts that could interfere (like exit, change) running for the drop-down list? If yes, is the problem reproducible without scripts?

Then we would need more information on steps that could show how to reproduce this issue (like where was the focus before you click on the submit button). And what about the Reader version? Do you know if this is happening only with one Reader version. If yes submit a CSN.

If the XML is not correct its an issue with the form or Reader.

Regards,

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen ,

There's no script behind the dropdown list in error . No custom entries is allowed in the dropdown, no cimmit also .

For Reader Version, we have made test with version 7 and 8 and there's still the same issue.

This form is used in production for several week and we face this issue only from this week and it concern 10% of used.

The focus is every where... i'll made a test this morning with a PDF where i got the issue . I open it and click on sedn => XML file is wrong . So in the PDF i clear the entry in the dropdown list and then select the same value then click => XML file is correct for this line.

In order to allow my customer to use the form i'll made a temporary modification of the code when the XML file is send back to SAP but it's a temporary solution not a definitive's one.

Regards