cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File adaptor Content conversion problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a client proxy > pi> CSV file scenario which im working on currently - everything is fine apart from 1 really annoying thing.

The problem is this that when data is extracted from SAP it should put in 6 fields within the file produced e.g:

field1,field2,field3,field4,field5,field6

Which is fine however if one of the fields is blank there should still be the blank space which should appear instead of what it is curently doing which is ignoring the blank and shifting everything else left by 1 so:

if out of 6 fields only 5 come out currently its doing this:

field1,field2,field4,field5,field6 (Notice field3 is missing and there is no blank space in its place)

What it should be doing is this:

field1,field2,,field4,field5,field6 (Notice the blank space)

I have gone through all the content conversion parameters I know for receiver file adaptors none have worked so if you know any which will do this please let me know!!

Also if you know of other ways your ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance

Edited by: Saqib Karim on Mar 5, 2009 5:45 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

field1,field2,,field4,field5,field6 (Notice the blank space)

if your o/p is like this after mapping FCC can handle this,else in your mapping you need to take care for generating target like this

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

if u dont have any values coming from the SAP then XI will create empty XML tag which dont have any values.

See the input XML message in MONI u can use map with default function in ur mapping to avoid this.

chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chirag,

Does this mean that there is nothing in the file adaptor to cater for this and the only way is through mapping?

I was hoping for an easier more straight forward solution along the lines of content conversion since this means that it has to apply to ALL FIELDS in the mapping!!??

Thanks

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Chirag,

>

> Does this mean that there is nothing in the file adaptor to cater for this and the only way is through mapping?

>

> I was hoping for an easier more straight forward solution along the lines of content conversion since this means that it has to apply to ALL FIELDS in the mapping!!??

>

> Thanks

you solution is to alter the mapping in a simple way.

If you are using graphical mapping then use this logic;

Source field -> if EXISTS -> Target
                      else -> Pass an empty constant -> Target

This will make sure an empty tag is created a the target and FCC will work fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all who have responded on my query.

However I know we can create empty nodes using "Map with defaults" or the "IF" statements however my initial query was for the fact that I was hoping that there would be a simpler way within "Content conversion" to cater for this.

I'm surprised from the response that the only way to get around this from SAP is to amend the mapping.

Thanks anyway and if anyone knows of another method apart from MAPPING please share this with us.

Edited by: Saqib Karim on Mar 5, 2009 7:13 PM