cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronise the column-width for two tables

0 Kudos

Hello,

I try to 'simulate' a fixed header for a table inside a scroll pane element (WD for ABAP).

I've bound two table UI elemnts to the same data source. The first displays only the header, the second (inside the scroll container) holds only the data.

I don't want to set the column width property with a fixed value - the table(s) should behave dynamically, so the width of the column is adjusted to the longest entry in the table (or the header caption).

I tried to do this in the WDDOMODIFYVIEW method, where I have access to the VIEW object, but the width property of the table column objects is empty. By searching through the objects properties I've found nothing utilisable. Is this information even available or is this arrangement done (as I expect) by the presentation layer (HTML in the browser)? Any idea how I could determine and re-arange the column width at runtime?

Is there also a possibility to resize the width of the 'selection column' (the first, button-like) ?

Thanks in advance

Waldemar

Message was edited by

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What you are trying to achieve is a virtually impossible task, even if you were directly coding your own HTML. Since you are allowing the browser to dynamically render your table, the actual column widths cannot be known until after the table is rendered in the browser. Thus there is no way to set another table's column widths to be the same while in the server.

I suggest looking at other options, such as having a single table, but limiting the number of rows displayed, and implementing paging.

Walter

Answers (0)