Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI testing POS Integration Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks ,

I am new to XI environment and have a query:

I am configured a process integration scenario for sending TLOG to POSDM. Can you pl advice how can I go about testing my config. At present I do not have any POS-GM system running so I was wondering that I will have to put my *.txn file in the "Source Directory" specified folder...

How can I do a test ..pl advice.

thanks!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sunny,

No problem .........

Please go thru this simple file to IDoc scenario.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/xi/fileToIDOC&

and if you want to explore more about XI .. sure you want to ...then check out the following step by step scenario guide

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/xi/step-by-step+guides

It will be helpful ......

regards

Ashwin

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

What i have understood from your scenario is that you want to post *.txn file to POSDM.

i.e file to IDoc scenario ......right ? i think you have configured it successfully

if it is then .......you can keep the desired file *txn in the file directory and test the scenario .

See whether your file is getting posted in the target POSDM system or not ?

Let us know if there is any issue .

regards

Ashwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwin,

Yes you are right I want to test file to idoc scenario.

As you mentioned I will put the txn file in the desired folder . But since I want to test this I not sure how should I trigger the XI to perform the action of picking the file and sending it to POS-DM . Pl advice....

Forgive me for asking maybe these (obvious) questions , but as I mentioned it is a completely new area for me.

Thanks !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sunny,

IN File sender you need to set the polling frequency which will poll the directoty configured for filename configured there and for each interval operation of picking the file will start ,this is the trigger for XI.

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the valuable information guys .

I have now completed the configuration part , but when I go for activating my sender agreement I am getting the following error message :

Check result for Sender Agreement | INTEGRATION_SERVER_XDI | GMTLogTransaction_Out | * | *:

Communication channel ' | INTEGRATION_SERVER_XDI | GMTLogSenderFileChannel' is of SAP adapter type 'File'. In this case the receiver party must not be equal to '*'

Communication channel ' | INTEGRATION_SERVER_XDI | GMTLogSenderFileChannel' is of SAP adapter type 'File'. In this case the receiver service must not be equal to '*'

any advice .....

Thanks again!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

Please remove the receiver party = * from your configuration. leave blank under receiver party.

I think that is making a trouble to your sender agreement

regards

Ashwin

abhijitbolakhe
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny

If your scenario is Tlog to POSDM, then it's not a file to idoc scenario.

It is a FILE to RFC scenario....

/POSDW/CREATE_TRANSACTIONS_EXT is the standard RFC being used for standard integration scenario contents.

Use the configuration Wizard to complete your configuration.

Don't use party for the configuration.

Abhijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhijit,

Yes I want to send TLOG and when I am using /POSDW/CREATE_TRANSACTIONS_EXT from the standard integration scenarios . Do I also have to do some sort of mapping in this ? Say if I want to test just standard TLOG scenario , I guess no mapping etc is needed then right.

We expect to get a TLOG from POS(GM) .

I also want to know regarding the layout of TLOG , is it a XML format ? or any other ..pl advice.

thanks !!

abhijitbolakhe
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny

For Tlog to POSDM ...you need to do standard value mappings.

These value mapping are for Tender types , means of payments,promotions , bonusbuys..etc..

source values will get from POS .

Also you have to do POSDM customisation for posting data from POSDM to IS-Retail and BI.

TLOG file format should be .DAT

Abhijit

Edited by: Abhijit Bolakhe on Mar 10, 2009 1:09 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

try to post the payload using test tab of RWB for testing your scenario by the way what is the scenario is it file to .....

Make sure while running test tab provide the needed info

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh ,

I have configured two scenarios :

1) GMTLog2POSDM _PC ( *.txn file to SAP POSDM)

2) ERPOutboundToStoreGM

I want to test the first one (file to SAP POSDM) , first.

I have made all the secessary settings like :Sender and Receiver channels etc. , I am just lost a little on how to begin testing.....

Thanks !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not aware of the SAP POSDM. IS that the package shipped with SAP PI .

IF yes then as mentioned earlier go to rwb and test your scenario with posting file data in XML format with the help of test tab

what is your scenario i didnt get the complete picture

Rajesh