cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

zdate/DSTswitch_contloctime

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had set this on for the summer time to winter time double hour. Does this need to be set to off for the winter time to summer time switch? Any ideas what this would cause if left on?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello EN,

you will have to switch off this parameter for the winter to summer change

This parameter only applies when you move over from summer to winter day light savings(doubled hour)

just switch it off,there will ne no issues and this is also a dynamic parameter,so no restart required

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

but what if kept on? what does it cause?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello EC,

This parameter is used for activating or deactivating continous time

now what do I mean by continuos time:

When transferring from summer to winter time, an hour takes place twice. The SAP system can only run for this time as a whole or in part under certain conditions.If it is running, this profile parameter specifies how the system time behaves.

If the parameter is set to 'off', the 'doubled hour' is also displayed twice.

If the parameter is set to 'on', the doubled hour is 'expanded', so that no doubled times can arise, that is, for example:off: 2:00, 2:30, 2:00, 2:30, 3:00.

on : 2:00, 2:15, 2:30, 2:45, 3:00

so thus this parameter is only vallid for continous time change and there will be no issues during this time change,thus the value is not valid,that is it does not make any sense having it off or on

but i would suggest you to make it off and then turn it on again the next time

Hope it helps

Rohit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check out attached note.

[https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=950114]

hope this helps.

Manoj Chintawar

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks.. saw that note but it does not say to set to "off" after a successful change from summer to winter time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please post more details on your kernel release/patch level.

Thanks,

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

7.0 189