Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CV04N Characteristics Disappear

bjorn-henrik_zink
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I implemented blog "Accelerate PLM classification search especially for DMS". In step two, I changed the u201CIndex relevantu201D value of characteristics in the class via transaction CL02. Now, when running transaction CV04N, all characteristics have disappeared for the changed class.

Any idea what is causing this?

Thanks!

/Elvez

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Elvez,

regarding the upgrade from release 46C to ERP2005 the search logic in CV04N is changed and now the system starts within Include LCV100F01 and executes first a search for the entered 'Document Data'. The result of this search is then handed over to function module CV100_CLASS_SEARCH which does the classification data related search.

Now the reason for the weak performance could be that the document data search found a lot of document info records. This result will be handed over to the classification search which needs to go through every document and check to classification.

One solution for raise performance duing document search would be to implement BADI_DOCUMENT_SEARCH01 which is able to influence the search sequence. So you would be able to change the search logic and determine that the classification search is done first. This will enable you to adopt the search logic to your special needs and improve the performance of CV04N. For further

informations on this BADI implementation please see the SAP notes 976846 and 993462.

I hope that my explanation is useful for you and that one of my proposals will help you to increase the performance of CV04N again. Otherwise please provide us more information about this "Accelerate PLM classification search especially for DMS".

Best regards,

Christoph

bjorn-henrik_zink
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

I am referring to Stephan Heinberg's blog [Accelerate PLM classification search especially for DMS|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/13132] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];.

/Elvez

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elvez,

I am currently on vacation with limited internet access. I will come back on the 20th and can have a look at the issue.

In the meantime I recommend that you create a support message, because what you describe sounds like a bug. With the latest support packages I did not experience the problem.

Best regards,

Stephan

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Elvez,

if the missing characteristic behavior occurs only after Stephan's changes I'm quite sure that this is not a bug. If the behavior occurs also without the mentioned changes, please describe the steps you do in CV04N in detail.

Best regards,

Christoph

bjorn-henrik_zink
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I wonder if this could have something to do the conversion of KSSK and AUSP to internal numbers. Could that cause the characteristics to disappear in CV04N? What do you think?

Thanks!

/Elvez

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Elvez,

from my classification colleagues I know that the report RCCLUKA2 is a important report which needs to be executed carefully. Please see the SAP note 942691 for detailed information on this report. Maybe also note 379180 could be useful for this issue.

Best regards,

Christoph

bjorn-henrik_zink
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi again,

I have debugged my way through the transaction and found that it is table KLAH that is causing problems. The only difference I find in the table entries is field GENRKZ. For class 001 and class type 017 the value of GENRKZ is 'R'. The other table entries do not contain any value in field GENRKZ.

Thanks!

/Elvez

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elvez,

did you find a solution to your problem?

Did you create a support message?

Best regards,

Stephan

bjorn-henrik_zink
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Stephan,

I did find a solution to the problem. It turns out that while implementing the performance improvements you suggest in your blog, somebody mistakenly checked an characteristic as Search Relevant in transaction CL02. If no characteristic is set as Search Relevant, then all characteristics become Search Relevant. Furthermore, the characteristic in question was set to No Display, which made the error search even more difficult. The problem was solved by SAP OSS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

check is there any SAP notes to be applied in your system