cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDocs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can somebody tell how to specify the path for receiving the IDoc messages to a specific location in MII 12.0 system? Like 'C:/Lighthammer/JCO/Output/' in 11.5 version? Thanks.

Regards,

V M.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Venki,

Most folks award points as a measure of gratitude or respect for the responses they receive.

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oops! Sorry, completely forgot that. You will get it starting now. I will see if I can give for the past helpful responses. Don't hold it against me. Let me tell ya...you've been great...you truly deserve some points. Thanks.

Regards,

V M.

0 Kudos

Venki,

The IDoc Listener function has changed quite a bit since 11.5. The IDocs now reside in a table in NetWeaver and are not saved in a server folder. The Processing Rule Editor allows processing with Transactions or the IDoc can be categorized (I generally create according to document type: LOIPRO, MATMAS, etc.). Using a category is similar to 11.5 in that the document is saved to a specific location, in this case, in a NW table. The contents of the table are viewed using either the Message Monitor in the MII Portal or programmatically through the action blocks listed in the workbench under Message Services. The Category is useful for filtering through the messages.

Good luck,

Mike

P.S. no problem.

Edited by: Michael Appleby on Mar 5, 2009 4:38 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok...I pushed the IDoc messages from SAP down to xMII - first without a rule and later using a rule with category name. I am using the LOIPRO message type. I have a BLS that reads these messages based on the location path of the messages. The path 'C:/Lighthammer/JCO/Output/' doesn't seem to be working in 12.0. This BLS doesn't use any the Message Services action blocks. But I like the idea of using these action blocks. Do you have a sample illustration transaction? Thanks.

Regards,

V M.

(PS - I awarded you some points for some of the past helpful answers. Hope I did a good job. If you think I missed any, let me know. I will be more than happy to give you.)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am just wondering will it even be possible in 12.0 to refer a filder in BLS?

Thanks,

Amara.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are right Srinivas. Its not possible to specify the path in 12.0 since the files are not stored locally. You will have to use the action blocks in 'Message Services' in order to read the IDoc data. Thanks.

Regards,

V M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is working fine now. I am using the processing type 'Transaction' for our scenario. The key is to identify the xml structure of the 'Message Type' (in my case, LIOPRO -> LIOPRO01) in order to extract the individual data elements within the IDoc. Thanks everybody for their input.

Regards,

V M.