cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in phase IMPORT_PROPER TP_BUFFER_INCONSISTENCY return code 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When applying add on programs ST-PI version 2008-1-700 (SAPKITLRDA) with transaction SAINT the TP_BUFFER_INCONSISTENCY error occured during the IMPORT_PROPER phase.

Error message: Pkgs. in queue don"t exist in the tp buffer (e.g. SAPKITLRDA)

It is not possible anymore to reverse the job as the data has already been loaded into the database. I checked the various messages in OSS and internet but could not find a solution for this problem. I only found an indication which could help solve the problem but I see that as a rigorous one.

That one is:

In our case it was due to probelm in transport buffer.I manually resetthe buffer using the following steps,

In Se37,Use the function module OCS_RESET_QUEUE -> Single Test

with the parameters

IV_TOOL&H3DSAINT, IV_FORCE&H3DX

Deleted all the files from \usr\sap\trans\tmp.Please make sure thatthere is no TP process

or R3trans process running in the system at Operating system level.

If any process exist, Please kill the process.

Scheduled the program RDDIMPDP using Report RDDNEWPP in se38.

Then restarted the import again and the problem was solved.

Before I want to do to carry out above action I would like to get guidance and advice if this problem would help solve my problem.

My release information is:

SAP ECC 6.0 - MSSQL Windows XP

Kernel 700 patch level 114

I am using the latest version of the SPAM/SAINT tool (version 34).

Thanks

Toon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

SAP doesn't recommand to do that.It will created inconsistancy in the database, my advice would be to create a message to SAP and get it resolved..

Regards

Uday

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did request SAP for an answer why I experienced this problem but they could not give me that information. They only suspected that it was due to an inconsistent buffer but that couldn't be proofed.

So that's all the info I received.

Thanks,

Toon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Could you please let us know what was the solution SAP gave.It would be helpful for others who come across with same problem

Regards

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

I contacted SAP marketplace at the same moment I created this message and that really worked.

Thanks to the diligent SAP support I was able to complete the import of the support package.

This also means and that was confirmed by SAP that the usage of function module: OCS_RESET_QUEUE was not the solution of the problem. Basically it means that you need to contact SAP for help in those kind of situations.

Thanks Uday for your response!