Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

message branch in sxmb_moni

arkesh_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I want to know why the message in sxmb_moni gets branched sometimes and we get a "fast-forward" symbol in front of the message? After that message gets successfully executed, why we get two additional messages(similar to branched message) with status as OK?

What is the significance of meaasge getting branched and are there any negative impacts on the delivery of the message?

Thanks,

Arkesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

basically a message gets branched because of your configuration (repository / directory) in PI. You may check if there is any condition that's fulfilled and due to it messages are branched.

the "fast-forward" symbol is standard for branched messages in sxmb_moni. It marks the original incoming message. The 2 ohter messages in sxmb_moni are messages as a result of the branch.

I don't know of any pure negative result because of a branched message - mostly the branch itself is something the developer or designer of the process intended.

Regards,

Kai

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

arkesh_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All Experts,

Thank You for clearing my doubts on branching. I have awarded points to all of you.

Im now posting a new question which is now my concern at this point of time as i need to get this resolved as its creating trouble for me now.

Pls do have a look at it as its related to branching only.

Thanks,

Arkesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arkesh,

I am not sure whether it does affects anything negative while processing , but what i can say is that it helps in sending the same message to multiple receivers without creating the same IR objects in design time activities.

So it provides the reusablity of objects shows good design concept.

regards

Ashwin kumar Dhakne

varun_k
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arkesh Sharma,

Than fast-forward symbol Indicates Branching: when Multiple receivers found,

therefore the message is branched. Message processing is complete for this message. The new messages that are created by branching are processed further.

Refer to this link

[Processing Status|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/EN/ea/2f053d39177608e10000000a114084/content.htm]

Regards,

Varun