cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autologout of RFC users

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

Like for ABAP stack we have parameter rdisp\max_wprun_time for GUI users ,Please suggest what paramter we can use for autologout of RFC users.

Shivam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

We have an ECC6 system upgraded from 46C and I also would like to remove inactive RFC logons.

I have the gateway parameters below set to 30 min but I can see inactive connections older than 3 hours.

gw/gw_disconnect

gw/deallocate_timeout

gw/conn_disconnect

gw/keepalive (only 5 min)

Is there anything else I can do ?

Thanks and best regards,

Mauricio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Auto logout parameters are effective only if the user session is idle or one dialog step exceeds the set parameter value. If the user is not idle then he wont get automatically logged out.

Please let me know what are you expecting. Are you trying to logout user whose session is idle for a certain time?

If you want to logout user whose session is idle for a certain time then set the following parameter rdisp/gui_auto_logout.

Thanks,

Faisal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisel,

I want that RFC user session should be logged out automatically after a certain period of idle time.

Shivam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shivam,

So eventually, what did you do fro RFC session logout effective?

I find this module TH_SET_AUTO_LOGOUT and check on it.

Thanks,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shivam,

Can you clarify some of my doubts.

1)What exactly you want, want to logout user session or terminate work process?

2)Above screen that you sent is related to single user of all RFC users?

3)Why you want to restrict RFC users for particulat time?

4)Did you restart your application after adding the same?

Answers:

1)If you want to logout user sessions just add parameter rdisp/gui_auto_logout

It will automatically logout idle sessions after the time exceed, that you defined. If you want to terminate work process, jsut add rdisp/max_wprun_time, it will restart work process after getting exceeded the max run time(Normally called TIME_OUT error which we can get the same dump is ST22).

2)If it is showing all RFC users, how this parameter will terminate different users session.

If above 4 sessions are for single user, your parameter is not in active. Just restart your application.

Before restarting save and activate instance profile.

3)I am allowing your input

4) These all instace related parameters will get active only after restart of application(INSTANCE).

Regards

Nick Loy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your reply.

I want the RFC users to get autologout.I have set the parameter rdisp/max_wprun_time and its working for all dialog users.

So my query is how these RFC users can get autologout.

Shivam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The autologout of inactive RFC connections is controlled by the value of the profile parameter

gw/gw_disconnect

Its default value is 1800 seconds which is half an hour.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

That is the total of multiple sessions, means user having more than one session then system calculates all sessions time and will not terminate if it cross more than defined time.

System can only terminate user session if work process exceeds more than time limit. Fot terminating each and every session first make sure that how many multi session logins you have on each application server?

Check the same with rdisp/max_alt_modes parameter. If it is as default, just reduce them to your requirement. I will suggest 4 max alt sessions is enough for any end user.

Regards

Nick Loy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

That is the total of multiple sessions, means user having more than one session then system calculates all sessions time and will not terminate if it cross more than defined time.

System can only terminate user session if work process exceeds more than time limit

I didn't get it.Can you please make me understand by this example as now it is 1 PM here.

And in SM04 current status is:

192.111.113.135 10.02.10 1 RFC

192.111.113.135 12.02.30 1 RFC

192.111.113.135 12.07.57 1 RFC

192.111.113.135 12.08.24 1 RFC

While rdisp\max_wprun_time is 30 min.

Shivam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please don't confuse two different things. rdisp/max_wprun_time handles the max run time of a dialog step, this applies to rfc users as well.

rdisp/gui_auto_logout logs out gui users after a given period of inactivity, this one does not apply for rfc users.

So only running rfc steps get a timeout when rdisp/max_wprun_time is exceeded. But the rfc users are not logged out.

Regards, Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

How can I control rfcuser autologout.

Shivam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shivam,

Please check following link. You may be able to use the parameter gw/keepalive

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/7c/e75c6798dc40269fd7213ff01c9aa8/content.htm]

hope this helps.

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

But after setting wprun parameter also I am facing this issue.

Please suggest what could be the possible reason.

Shivam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Shivam,

RFC is only the user type when he is logging, but obviously he should use dialog process to work.

Here above parameter will terminates RFC user also. This is defines for a dialog work process but not depends on user type.

Regards

Nick Loy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick.

But I have set this parameter of 30 min but still I check some RFC users are working from last 1 hr.

Do i also need to do something with it for autologout of RFC users.

Shivam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

Michael is correct, RFC calls with CALL FUNCTION are processed in DIALOG work processes. Therefore, the DIALOG limitation for processing a dialog step (parameter rdisp/max_wprun_time) also applies to these RFC calls.

For your Information rdisp/max_wprun_time is not for Auto logout this is for Work process termination after a specified time in seconds.

Regards,

Yoganand.V

Edited by: Yoganand Vedagiri on Mar 5, 2009 1:50 PM

Edited by: Yoganand Vedagiri on Mar 5, 2009 1:53 PM

former_member603052
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shivam,

RFC call is done by RFC user(who is of type communication) and the parameter rdisp/max_wprun_time will not be applicable to communication type of users.

Regards,

Kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

You got the slash the wrong way round

But rdisp/max_wprun_time is for RFC calls as well, they run on dialog processes too and will be terminated after the time has passed.

Regards, Michael