cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Dependent and Independent Samples

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anybody explain about Multiple Dependent Samples and Multiple Independent Samples with proper Examples?

Regards,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Raj

My knowledge on dependant sampling plan is bookish. I have not come across any practical scenario.

But it is new planning only as it gives pop up of next sampling plan and it is like you are adding samples . That is why it is called double sampling or multiple sampling.

Regards

gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gajesh

Thanks for your response.

Regards,

Raj

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Raj,

You can go for new samples for testing again and then the results will be based cumulation of defects and ok results

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gajesh

Thanks for your quick reply!

I think if we take new samples for second sample inspection it will be considered as Independent multiple sample right!

What I understood is in case of Dependent multiple samples we can do result recording for 7 times by inspecting the same samples.Whereas in Independent multiple samples,the samples are not dependent each other means every time we have to collect new samples for inspection, in this case ( Independent multiple samples) sample scheme is not mandatory.

Please correct me if I am wrong!

Thanks,

Raj

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear Raj

Multiple Dependant Samples,

Suppose you have sampling scheme in which the lot size is 10, sample size is 5. acceptance number is 1 and rejection number 4.

Now during RR you found that 2 values are ok and 3 values are not ok. So the system is in confusion because it requires 4 to reject. So system proposes you another sampling plan by which you can further do testing and record the results. The defects get cumulated and is then valuated. you can do this 7 times. For this you need to maintain c1,d1,c2,d2 ,c3,d3 for the same sample size

Hope this helps

Regards

gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gajesh

Sorry for delay in respond.

As you said in case of Dependent multiple sample if the first criteria is not satisfying then system automatically proposing second sampling plan as per the setting maintained in sample scheme (c2,d2, ete.)

Here my doubt is when we go for second sampling inspection whether we have to inspect the same sample which are not satisfying in first criteria or we have to go for another samples collection..

Please clarify me.

former_member204463
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keerthi,

Thanks for sending the links

Infact I gone through the document before posting it. But I could not understand it properly. If anybody provide me with example it is eassy to understand.

Thnaks

Raj