cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cron jobs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

How to find out all the cron jobs that have been set up in the system and there details.

I am aware of the /var/adm/cron, but couldn't find all the details. To find out all the cronjobs that have been setup do we need a root access.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anuroop

You can execute crontab if your name appears in the file /usr/lib/cron/cron.allow. If that file does not exist, you can use crontab if your name does not appear in the file /usr/lib/cron/cron.deny.

If only cron.deny exists and is empty, all users can use crontab. If neither file exists, only the root user can use crontab.

you can use crontab file,it contains the schedule of cron entries to be run and at specified times

for more info. you can refer to http://www.adminschoice.com/docs/crontab.htm

Hope this helps

Rohit

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To check the cron jobs running for your <sid>adm user:

1. Login as <sid>adm

2. crontab -l

This will list you all the jobs for your user <sid>adm. There is no SAP Standard Cron Jobs - these are scheduled adhoc/on demand at the UNIX level.

- Regards, Dibya

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, but i have to close this in order to open other

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi!

Yes you will need root to view other users cron jobs. Generally they are stored in /var/spool/cron/tabs(depending on your OS) which only root has access too, however, you should NEVER edit these files directly anyway. As root(or the owner of the cron job) you can view/edit these jobs using crontab -u <username> -l ..to list or -e to edit.

Regards,

Nelis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the information. So without the root access i can't check the jobs .

Does the scripts that are setup in the SAP are they setup in the cron jobs.

Thanks

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have cron jobs defined in my SAP systems under user <SID>adm but they are not standard SAP cron jobs(I don't think there is such a thing as a SAP standard cron job). You would need to speak to your System Administrator to check or login as the <SID>adm user and use crontab -l. The "startsap" and "stopsap" scripts you will find in your kernel directory.

Nelis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can. Check out following link.

[http://www.webmasterworld.com/forum40/803.htm]

BTW, you can use

pseudo

Manoj chintawar