cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picking an MS Access file by File Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can PI pick up MS Access file and process data with file adapter like File-PI-File scenario

Thnx

Subbu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, you can pick up any file using file adapter. If you want to just transfer it to the receiver, without any mapping, then it is quite easy. However, if you want to read the values, you may require a custom module.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Do you have any quick links about this type of scenario? Can you explain in a little bit granular level on this type of senario?

Thank you,

Subbu

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you have any quick links about this type of scenario?

You should have mentioned which type of scenario. I mentioned two types of scenario. If it is without mapping, then refer this

/people/william.li/blog/2006/09/08/how-to-send-any-data-even-binary-through-xi-without-using-the-integration-repository

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Thanks for the link... But my sencario needs mapping part as well...It is not file transfering...

Thanks

Subbu

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think according to your requirement we need to configure JDFC to FILE scenario. Through JDBC adapter we can read data from access file and send data to target as file using file adapter. Between JDFC and file we can do mapping according to your requirement. For more information find below link.

/people/yining.mao/blog/2006/09/13/tips-and-tutorial-for-sender-jdbc-adapter

I hope now clear

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JoelTrinidade
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Subbu,

File to file is beginning of your journey into XI. Its a very simple scenario where you would like to pick up a file. Search the sdn you will find lots of stuff.

Rgds

joel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Joel,

Thank you very much! But i specifically require picking up on MS Access file.

I did File 2 File

Thank you

Subbu

vikas_agarwal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Prateek has told you, if mapping is not required and you just want to pick the file from sender and want to place the file in receiver, then you can use this blog, otherwise you have to create custom module and have to use in sender communication channel.

/people/william.li/blog/2006/09/08/how-to-send-any-data-even-binary-through-xi-without-using-the-integration-repository

Regards,

Vikas