cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending invoice through EDI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our requirement is to send invoice to the limited customers through EDI.And the worst part is i never worked in EDI.

Can anybody send me the configuration that need to be done from SD point of view for sending invoice through EDI?

Thanx in advance.

Regards,

Satya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

develop the customize function module

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satyamurthy,

First you define an output type like "ZEDI". Maintain the Access sequences for it.Now insert this Output type in the output determination procedure. Now assign this procedure to the billing document type(This must have been done already). Now maintain the condition record for appropriate access with medium as "6" and date"4" and the language . And now go to "WE20" and select partner type "KU" and copy an already maintained one. Here you have to be very careful when selecting a message type and process code. Normally the message type would be "INVOIC". Partner function should be "BP"(Same as what you have maintained in the record).Get the details from the business or development team about the port(WE21-- To Maintain a port. This will be done by Technical people).And insert basic type, select option Transfer IDoc immediately and now go to Message control and maintain the Application as"V3" ,Message type "ZEDI(or what ever outouy type you had chosen) and process code.(This is important.You can take abap'ers help while selecting this as this is associated to a function module. I think this should help you.

Regards

Ram Pedarla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks a lot. I'll try iT and if face any problem will share with you.

Also tell me how can i check whether my invoice has been sent to the customer or not and in which format it is going?

Thanks a ton in advance,

fyi we are using 4.7 version

Regards,

SATYA

bcrao
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

We05

Chidambaram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Waitng for the reply

Regards,

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satya

Go to Tcode WE30 and create new object and assign the same to WE20>output option>basic type.

bcrao
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

We41, we40 and we20 ,we57,obce etc.

For further information Check the link

http://help.sap.com/bp_bblibrary/600/BBlibrary_start.htm

Select-Automotive- Building block-A02

Chidambaram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the link but that is related to MM module and i am looking for SD module sending billing document to customer through EDI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

You can check whether IDoc has been generated or not in the billing document itself. Please go into the billingdocument--GOTO-HEADER-OUTPUT- it will take you to the processed output screen.There you can see an option called "PROCESSING LOG" .You click on that ,it will show you whether your document has been processed succesfully.It it's in green , the IDoc has been succesfully created. Or else you go to "WE02 or WE05" and give the date range,you will be able to see your IDoc.Kindly please let me know If it has helped you.

Regards

Ram Pedarla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks alot for you help.Now i am able to generate IDOC but the standard Idoc type is not capturing all the data which we want .So we need to customize the idoc.

I tried adding custom segments in the standard idoc type but it was not picked in the idoc.

I think we need to do coding pertaining to new custom segments .

Could you please letme know in which function module or program we need to do coding?

Because we tried to find out the logic of copying application table data in to idoc table data in program RSNASTED and in function module IDOC_OUTPUT_INVOIC.But no success.

Letme the program name or function module which copy the invoice data into idoc?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Satya