cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI to CRM Sales Order Process

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am looking to implement a CRM Sales Order solution with the Sales Order data being posted from XI using IDocs or XML.

Upon receipt of the data I am unclear as to the individual processes which then need to occur in order that a Sales Order is created within CRM.

For example if we use IDocs, once the IDoc is received within CRM what processing is then triggered, which function modules are called, where in the process do mBDocs get created and how do we call the Sales Order maintain/save program ?

Any end to end examples anybody may have for an inbound Sales Order create process that defines in detail the process from XI IDoc (or XML) through to CRM Sales Order would be very helpful.

Regards

Ian Hawley

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ian,

first of all, you can't send and IDoc to CRM as CRM communicates using BDocs or Proxies but doesn't have any IDocs.

So either you use the CRM middleware between R/3 and CRM directly without going via XI, or you can look if there is a proxy to post Orders in CRM. (Use transaction SPROXY in your CRM). If you find a proxy, you'll need to import the according XI content to the Integration Repository of XI to make use of it. (than you can map in XI from the R/3 IDoc to the Proxy)

Proxy Inbound Processing as well as IDoc Inbound Processing will take the message sent and do all necessary processing to create the according Business Object automatically. The Inbound Processing takes care to call all necessary routines, so you do not need to take care of that. However for IDocs you will need to set up the distribution model etc.

Regards

Christine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christine

Many thanks for taking time to reply to my request. As you can tell I am a complete XI and CRM novice. I do not fully understand your reply but this is probably down to my lack of knowledge in this area so please forgive me.

To clarify further : the initial 'sales order' data is being sent to XI from customer systems in the form of an SOAP-XML message. These systems are NOT SAP R/3 systems. My current thinking was that XI could either pass on the SOAP message 'as-is' or convert the SOAP message into an ORDERS05 IDoc before transmitting to CRM.

Are you saying that I cannot use IDocs as a transfer medium between XI and CRM. I thought you could and CRM would then turn this into a mBDoc. Have I totally misunderstood this ?

Many Thanks

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ian,

i'm not really a CRM expert but as far as i know you normally can not send IDocs to CRM. CRM has its own middleware instead of ALE. Refer to the help for information on "CRM Integration Services": http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm50/helpdata/en/c7/95fc381478ab6fe10000000a11402f/frameset.htm.

However i also found this link http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm50/helpdata/en/77/a1d48b1ce06d40932e0a26f3c117ce/frameset.htm and it seems you are right, there is special functionality so you can send ORDERS to the CRM and CRM has a mapping to transform it to a CRM order.

So to summarize there is a possibility to send ORDERS IDoc to CRM, but there is no possibility to send CREMAS, DEBMAS or other IDocs.

Regards

Christine

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manish

Thank you for your response. I will add this to the list of sites and/or documents that I am going to have to read.

Regards

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Christine

I have saved the URL links and will look forward to stepping my way through them. Once again, thanks for the information you have provided.

Regards

Ian

manish_bhalla2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ian,

You can use the CRM External Interface (XIF) adapter to convert IDOCs (or XML ) to bDOCs.

Refer to the following help documentation for some more information:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm50/helpdata/en/42/b6efbe82103120e10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm

Also, there is an ASUG presentation available that gives some explanation about various CRM middleware available. This might be useful to you too, for better understanding. It has some details about the XIF adapter too.

http://www.asug.com/client_files/Calendar/Upload/ASUG_FALL_2003_CRM_MW.ppt

Regards

Manish