Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am Working on SCM 5.0 SNP..

Working on Following ..

1. Heuristic Run

2. Deployment

3.Trasport Load Builder (TLB)

I want to DELETE old Products from APO-SNP?

For this i removed Product-Location from CIF , Trying to Delete in APO Product Master...I can put Deletion Flag for the Product..but i cant delete it Permenentely? .

In SNP -- In where used list of Location-Product..it is showing the Old Products Purchase orders but not visible in Product View/Receipt View?

How can i aceive the same?

Regards,

Rajesh Patil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh patil,

For deleting old products from APO-SNP, please follow this procedure.

1) Use /n/sapapo/rlcdel to remove all transactional data elements

2) Use /SAPAPO/DELETE_PP_ORDER to delete any PP firmed orders

3) Also delete all transactional data elements from R/3 as well

4) Verify whether all transactional data are removed from R/3 and APO

5) Run delta report to check whether anything still not deleted

6) Put deletion flag in R/3 for location products

7) Activate again the integration model for those location products with deletion flag

😎 Finally, all old location products will get deleted.

Please confirm if you are facing any error.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

You have to delete all the transaction data before deleting the product from livecache. If the orders are not visible in receipts view (rrp4) or requirements view (rrp1). NEVER TRY TO DELETE the master data without deleting the transaction data. That stays in the system for ever causing more problems.

As our friends suggested, use the transaction WUF and find the LC orders. You will find orders that are not visible in the above views. Double click on them and it takes you to product view with orders in it ( surprising since they are not visible in the actual product view -rrp3). Enter GT_IO in this product view screen, get the internal order guid and use the report /SAPAPO/OM_DELETE_INCON_ORDERS and delete the order with that GUID. You can also go to transaction /sapapo/om16 and get the same order GUID.

Once you delete all the dependent transaction data, you then have to delete the relvant master data like transportation lanes, external procurement relationships etc. The transaction WUF shows the dependent objects. After you do these, then set the deletion flag and delete the products.

This is a big procedure....

Former Member
0 Kudos

After you have deleted all the transaction data on the products by using the programs mentioned above..use program /sapapodeleteproduct* . This program deletes the products which has the deletion flag marked against it

Former Member
0 Kudos

for deleting the orders which you see in WUF and not in receipts view or product view .. you have to run report /n/SAPAPO/SDORDER_DEL in APO... this takes a long time and deletes the order history in APO database tables only ....

Then you can carry out the rest of the pre-requisite of deletion like removal from PPM,Tlane, quota,product substitution, prod split if any etc.....

there after you can put a deletion flag and delete ..

Regards

Virender

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajesh, I suspect you cannot delete from the product master completely because you have dependent objects.

Try the WUF (where-used) transaction to see what those dependent objects are.

A couple of other suggestions. If the old products are all isolated to one location use the the SDP relevance flag on the properties tab to exclude from SNP planning.

Alternatively exclude from your selection. If that's not easy to do by exclusion then you can put something like 'DNP' (do not plan) in sequence key 1 of the product master and exclude sequence key 1 = 'DNP@ in your selection.

An abap query can then report the list of 'DNP' materials that you are excluding.

Chris