Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACL Authorisation in DMS and Easy DMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have some basic doubts in ACL Authorization

In SAP DMS, we activated ACL switch, but we do not need all users to activate that control

By giving ACO_Super to certain users, we can over rite ACL;s I have tried that and its working fine

1) But is there any Authorization Object for restricting usage of ACLs??

So that we can assign them to only certain users who will be able to access Authorization tab in SAP DMS??

2) While giving Authorization in the DIR, the system assigns default ADMN Authorization to the User.. Once it is assigned , any way to delete the basic Authorization??

If I try to delete the Authorization created, it says "This change is not allowed".. so any other option for this??

3) Authorizations tab in Easy DMS-

If we do not activate ACL flag in SAP Dms also, the tab is visible in Easy DMS.. Can we have an option not to have Authorizations tab in SAP Easy DMS??

Regards

Aby

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now ACL switch is working fine..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I have the same problem: I want to deactivate the "Authority tab" in Easy DMS for all users.

In the systems, the ACLs are activated, but not used for access by Easy DMS.

What all have you done to deactivate the tab strip?

Thanks,

Roland

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

You can either have ACL 's in both R/3 and EDMS or dont have it on both..

The switch can be enabled / disabled using dcswitch transaction

Regards

Aby

former_member324993
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

About Edms authorisation,It's a special anthorisation,you must imp. some BADI finished it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you tell me, what BADI I need?

I have implemented OSS note 1062939 and 1126279, but also after this implementation and deactivate the ACLs and BROWSER via table TDWSWITCH, the authority-tab is shown.

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Roland,

please see the SAP notes 811389 and 818714 which explain that the BADIs DOCUMENT_AUTH01 and BOM_UPDATE need to be implemented to use the ACL functions.

Best regards,

Christoph

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi again,

regarding the second issue, please set the registry key 'AutoInheritedAuth' with value 0 on your PC in path 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SAP\EasyDMS\General'. This will prevent the initial creation of the ADMIN authorization.

For your first question I have to regret but there is no special authorization object which can be used for this.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph

Thanks for the reply..

We have SAP Easy DMS 6.0 sp 12 patch level 1 here..

I checked 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SAP\EasyDMS\General' but could not find a registry key named 'AutoInheritedAuth'

I created one with Type 'DWORD VALUE" and set value as zero.. There was no change in Authorization Tab, it displays the Authorization Tab..

Is the above method correct??

My requirement is not to show "Authorization Tab" in Easy DMS, even if the ACL switch is off in DCSWTICH

Irrespective of ACL flag is off or on in DCSWITCH, Authorization tab is showing in Easy DMS...

Regards

Aby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any suggestions...?

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Thomas,

regarding your third question I can give you the following information:

You can deactivate the ACL authorizations using customizing transaction 'DCSWITCH'. But when you deactivate it, you cannot use ACLs at all! Either you deactivate it, if you do not want to use ACLs, or you keep it activated to be able to assign ACLs on document level.

Further please implement also SAP note 1126279.

Best regards,

Christoph