cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EPC Project Scenario.

Former Member
0 Kudos

An EPC Project is divided into various phases as say Civil Work, Equipment Erection, Electrical Installations etc. These phases are drilled down to various activities, for e.g. Civil work is divided into site preparation, excavation, foundation, brickwork etc.

My question is whether it would be right to define Civil Work phase as WBSe and the activities under civil work as ext. activities? Further it is required that only one PR and PO to be raised for Civil Work and no PR should be raised for ext. activities listed under Civil Work. I understand that PR will be raised for ext. activities, which is to be avoided. Request inputs in the matter with alternative solutions.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think if u make a WBS or an activity then the problem is not going to solve. For WBS a number of PR can be generated and similarly for a particular activity a number of PR , PO can be generated.

The best way to control the issue is by the way of user status for each WBS and thereby prohibiting the other user to generate extra PR, PO.

Thanks

Uddhab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you suggest an alternate way of mapping the scenario.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

One option is to use Easy Cost Planning and Execution Services to raise the PR and subsequently a PO. You can use service lines to handle the multiple services (site preparation, excavation, etc...).

This is the other option: you can use one network per phase/WBS and set the indicator "Collective Requisition" (CollectveRequstn) in the parameters for the network type. Then, when you have PRs created for each of your external activities, it all will go to the same PR, which can be pulled into one PO with multiple line items. Each line will be assigned to a different network activity. This way, your commitment management and reporting will be more clean and distinct for all the tasks involved. Let me know if you have more questions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your helpful solution. I have one more thing to ask and that is regarding the field 'Res./Purc.Req.' for the external activities. Here if we select 'Never' will it stop the raising of PR and if so what are the other impacts for the same? Will it serve the purpose as cited in the said scenario.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, in the first case, if you are raising the PR/PO at the WBS element level, then you should have "never" set for this option in the network profile.

But, if you want to raise the PR/PO at the NWA level using a Collective Requisition, you may want to change this option to "from release" or "immediately", depending on your requirement. Or, you can leave it as "Never" in the profile and change it on the NWA. Again, it depends on your business requirement and feasibility as to the number of projects to be managed by the project manager (for example, it may not be practical for a PM to manually change the indicator if you have 1000 NWAs per project).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your assessment is very right. Thanks for your inputs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The scenario will be mapped as per the business process. However I feel all the possibilities are there in Project System to generate the PR / PO

1. Clubbing up of the PR / PO

2. Single PR / PO for all the requirement

3. Requirment of the PR, PO can be generated against the Network when it is required

4. The delivery date of the PR can be changed manually as and when required., etc

Thanks

Uddhab

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

put it as Civil Building Construction as an Activity under that you create a service master mention the services as site preparation, excavation, foundation, brickwork

Former Member
0 Kudos

The activities would be required in order to establish relationships with the other activities and for scheduling and monitoring of the project.

Thanks.