cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the use of mentioning default values in output type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

What is the use of setting default values in out put types of handling units .

Default values in default values tab of out put type can be such as dispatch time ,transmission Medium, partner function and communication strategy in NACE , that is application 6 .

We are not able to print label for a ship to party even though condition record is maintained in VV61 . When I checked up particular condition type , default values such as dispatch time ,transmission Medium, partner function and communication strategy have not been mentioned .

In what way these default values matters for printing the labels .And what are the other details I need to maintain here pls to print the labels u2026.

thanks in advance

Jaya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for providing good information .....

1.Can you help me to understand difference between options in Despatch time field in default values of output type u201CSend with application own transu201D , u201CSend immediately (when saving the appli)u201D and u201CSend with periodically scheduledu201D.

2. And normally , in which transactions (t-Code), we have to give print for this this handling units labels.

Thanks

Jaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.Send with periodically Scheduled job- The message is processed through program RSNAST00 and it will send periodically

2.Send with job with additional time specification- Here the message containes earliest processing date and a requested time and it will ignore the program RSNAST00 before the requested date

3.Send with application own transaction- The message selected by application programs and it will proess in background

4.Send Immediately-The message is processed when the application document is saved.That means whenever you save the outbound delivery it will print the output.

Regards,

Hari Challa.

bcrao
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can send/print (send with own tran..) using vl02n transaction

to know more about HUM, Printing label and configuration- use following link

http://help.sap.com/bp_autov1600/Auto_DE/html/index.htm

select- Business information- preconfig. scenario-select A55

Regards

chidambaram

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

I will go this link later today .

Meantime , Could I request you to summerize step by step how to give print after packing handling unit in Vl02n pls ........

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for giving good information .

I did not understand below one . Could I request you to elabrate because this is the one we are going to select for output type .

3.Send with application own transaction- The message selected by application programs and it will proess in background

Thanks

Jaya

bcrao
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to Maintain default values In Out put types too if you want Printing/ sending to be done as and when require.

If you not maintain here, then you have to maintain when ever you want to send /print

regards

Chidambaram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In default values the dispatch time plays main role to print the output.Suppose you want a ouput immediately after saving the document or periodically etc.I think you have set the dispatch time as send with application in own transaction" change it to Send immediately then your problem will resolve.

Dispatch time-Send immediately

Transmission medium-Print output

Partner function-SH

Regards,

Hari Challa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

after saving the application system immedtly finds the defaults values. that means whatever we give in default values tab in conditiontype system checks first after save click. give appropriate combination in default values and check necessary inputs for that functions for example u have given print immediately after saving the application but not assigned relevant printer in user profile and system settings then it will show error. so check allthese setting before executin.

hope u get it

regards,

sadanandam kasarla