cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer P.O

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

My client recieves open P.O (with out delivery date & delivery qty)

then my client's customer releases the schedule by delivery schedule document which has the seperate reference no or through mail/verbal.

some customer give normal P.O which has delivery date & delivery qty

my idea

for open P.O -

client creates Sheduling agreement

When delivery schedule recieved from the customer -

create sale order with reference to the sheduling agreement.(Since customer has to enter the reference no of the delivery schedule)

for normal P.O -

Sale order

Is it correct way

Any sugessions please

regards,

Murali.R

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Murali,

As per my view,

You can use scheduling agreement process for both scenarios(Open PO and Normal PO).

If you use scheduling agreement there no need of sales order creation you create delivery derectly with reference to the scheduling agreement.

> for open P.O -

client creates Sheduling agreement

> When delivery schedule recieved from the customer -

create sale order with reference to the sheduling agreement.(Since customer has to enter the reference no of the delivery schedule)

-->Here you can create delivery with reference to the scheduling agreement.

-->Here you can update the scheduleline data when you recieve the delivery schedule document from the customer.

> for normal P.O -

Sale order

-->Here also you can use scheduling agreement.

-->Here you can update the scheduleline data when you recieve the normal PO

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Murali Mohan,

Thanks for ur reply, I agree with ur points

but the problem is ,,,,,,,where can i enter the reference no of the delivery shedule in sheduleline data....

Because customer relaeses the delivery shedule every month once.....my client requirement is to enter the reference no of the delivery shedule also.......

How can i maintain both reference nos (P.O reference No & delivery shedule no) in a sheduling agreement,

I know that this possible in sheduleline agreement with delivery shedule ....LZ.......

Is there any possible Iin std scheduling agreement LP?...........any other alternatives......................

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

You can enter the delivery schedule number in VA31 itself

from menu select GOTO----ITEM-----forecast delivery schedule

in this screen u can find delivery scheduel and deliveryschedule date

regards

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

in open purchasing order is valid for a particular period in that particular period user can raise PO n no of times based on his requirement but in normal PO user will specify all details at the time of creation itself

please check these links for further details

http://www.sap-img.com/materials/what-is-outline-and-scheduling-agreement.htm

http://www.sap-img.com/sap-sd/sap-sd-scheduling-agreement-vs-contract.htm

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For OPEN PO-

Create Scheduling agreement-(Std Sch.Agreement type-LP)- because here there is no del date & Qtty-

After few days- Customer releases Delivery schedules- which will be Scheduling agreement with doc type-LZ

(as rithvika said, you can maintian this ref no in Forecast del schedule-Del sch&date@item level)

in Customer PO field- you can enter actual PO i.e OPEN PO number

( actually we can treat this as Quantity Contract-but in std SAP doesnt support copy control between Contract-Scheduling Agreement. So create this OPEN PO as Sch.Agreement)

So that, with each delivery schedule wise- you can create deliveries & billing.

(User may create delivery wrt:LP, so dont maintian copy controls between copy of LP-LF)

then process flow looks like:

OPen PO--LP doc type

Del Schedule -LZ (wrt:LP)

Delivery - LF

Billing-

In case of NORMAL PO, flow will be same, but make sure the controls factors with Copy control & Delivery Item category - "Over delivery allowed or not"- as per requirment.

We are planning to do in this way- Others opinons will be more helpful on this reply -

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for ur support.

To SAP.STUDENT.......Thanks,

I have a clarification,.....

ur idea for open P.O --LZ

for delivery schedule --LP

In this case, I can directly use LZ......where i can use both P.O reference & delivery schedule refernce

I am not intrested to go for LZ,since it has both JIT & FORECAST,moreover there are more options & special terms are available which will confuse the customer.

Any ideas.........

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I understood- ( we too have similar req) , Customer issues Open PO ( without date & qtty) -rite?

- Then it is confirmation from the customer, just like an agreement ( you can treat this either Contract/sch.AGreement)

- There is a gap between Open PO & rel Delivery schedule-

- This Delivery schedule contains sch.date & qtty ( which has to pass to the production-MD04)

- Based on this del schedule , deliveries will be created.

If you create Open PO & create del schedules , there are practical problems in document flow-VBFA ( you can test the same, by creating 30 deliveries for this Open PO assuming:Mat-1, 30 sch.dates)

Sorry, it is just reverse way, Open PO-LP - In open PO, you will not maintian any del dates & qtty, Del sch. LZ- which will be released monthly by customer. So every month we need to create this del schedules.

it is suggestable that, dont create deliveries from LP, in which you dont have sch.date &qtty.

hope it helps- any more revert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mr.SAP.STUDENT..............yes i wrongly typed ur idea

ur idea for open P.O --LP

for delivery schedule --LZ

My query is

In this case, I can directly use LZ......where i can use LZ for open P.O.....VA31

Once delivery schedule comes . VA32 here i can enter the delivery date & qty..............will it give any practical difficulties

I am concerned about LZ,since it has both JIT & FORECAST,moreover there are more options & special terms are available which will confuse the customer.

thanks..........

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In this case, I can directly use LZ......where i can use LZ for open P.O.....VA31

Once delivery schedule comes . VA32 here i can enter the delivery date & qty..............will it give any practical difficulties

Yes, it will give you practical problems afterwards, say you have received 1st month del schedules, in Planning del schedule- which will be split into all working days in that month. similary for next month n so on. This will go on , until PO validity ends or Custome stops. It is difficult to find the sch.dates & qtty in Planning del schedules tab for the user, if any issue comes with res to schedule lines in delivery.

thats why it is always suggestable to create new sch.agreement for each del schedule.

I am concerned about LZ,since it has both JIT & FORECAST,moreover there are more options & special terms are available which will confuse the customer.

JIT tab is not required- then you can deactivate this for the user access. We are giving access for FRC(Forecast schedule) & PDS ( Planned Delivery Schedule).

hope it helps

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For OPEN PO-

Create Scheduling agreement-(Std Sch.Agreement type-LP)- because here there is no del date & Qtty-

After few days- Customer releases Delivery schedules- which will be Scheduling agreement with doc type-LZ

(as rithvika said, you can maintian this ref no in Forecast del schedule-Del sch&date@item level)

in Customer PO field- you can enter actual PO i.e OPEN PO number

( actually we can treat this as Quantity Contract-but in std SAP doesnt support copy control between Contract-Scheduling Agreement. So create this OPEN PO as Sch.Agreement)

So that, with each delivery schedule wise- you can create deliveries & billing.

(User may create delivery wrt:LP, so dont maintian copy controls between copy of LP-LF)

then process flow looks like:

OPen PO--LP doc type

Del Schedule -LZ (wrt:LP)

Delivery - LF

Billing-

In case of NORMAL PO, flow will be same, but make sure the controls factors with Copy control & Delivery Item category - "Over delivery allowed or not"- as per requirment.

We are planning to do in this way- Others opinons will be more helpful on this reply -

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi\

Irf there is an open PO from the customer its better to go with Scheduling agreement

even if the PO has delivery dates and delivery quantity per day wise u have to create a schedule agreement with delivery schedules

if it is a normal PO then u can go for Normal sales order

But think for sales YOU are creating 2 sales doc types

what i suggest is use SCHEDULING AGREEMENT FOR ALL

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are moving in a right direction, go ahead.

Thanks,

Swamy H P