cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending Attachments via SOAP Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

We have the requirement to send the text files as attachement using SOAP Adapter. Can anyone help me how to do it in XI and the structure of WSDL. Or any document which can help me getting this done.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Laks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JoelTrinidade
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi lakshmi,

While configuring your SOAP Adapter in the Integration Directory you can select the option "Keep Attachments" under "Conversion Parameters".

Regards

joel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer these links.

Thanks,

Tiny

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI all,

Thanks for the answers .. But still confused a bit.. I Have sender service as file adapter and receiver service as SOAP adapter . In the receiver service i can give the URL of the webservice.

If I check the option "Keep Attachments" . I understand i need to add teh WSDL file in the repository .

What should be the functionality of tht Receiver webservice? Like it should be cabable of receiving as attachments ?

Is there anything i need to do in Repository part ?

laks

Edited by: lakshmi s on Mar 6, 2009 9:16 AM

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I understand i need to add teh WSDL file in the repository .

Yes, it would be like any other soap receiver scenario wherein you need to import the wsdl under external definitions.

Like it should be cabable of receiving as attachments ?

Yes, it should be. This will help in creating one.

/people/baris.buyuktanir2/blog/2007/03/06/how-to-create-a-web-service-with-attachments-soap-with-attachments

Is there anything i need to do in Repository part ? If your sender sends the file as attachment using the option "Addition files", then the message will be forwarded directly with attachment to soap receiver. There would be no need for any additional setting in repository.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prateek,

Thanks for your answers.. but i dont see any "Addition file" option in my sender file adapter communication channel.. . Where i can find that ?

Laks

Former Member
0 Kudos

have anyone worked on this before .. It would be helpful if anyone of u can share the step by step procedure to do it .

Edited by: lakshmi s on Mar 10, 2009 9:11 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

If you have selected the transport protocol File System (NFS) then option must be available there.

Please find the link for more details how to use it.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ae/d03341771b4c0de10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

regards

Ashwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes thanks . I got the additional file option in CC. But i am looking for Step by Step Procedure for sending and receiving text files using SOAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I used anytext interface to send the text files and used some java code to convert it to soap wsdl format xml and send it vis soap. It is working fine,

Thanks

Laks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

This will help you

REgards