cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about message archiving(abap stack)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have a doubt on archiving abap statck's messages.

Scenario:

1. defined all interfaces(eg. A,B,C,D....) in Define interfaces for achiving and retention period(sxmb_admin)

2. defined the archiving job and deleting job(sxmb_admin)

3. the archiving job and deleting job works. There are more than 6 thousand messages archived and >4000 messages and >10000 history message entries deleted from database everyday.

My question is that since I defined all interfaces(about 100) to be archived, there should be no messages will be deleted in deleting job(even though I defined the job). The fact is some of interfaces'(eg. A,C) messages were archived, but some of the other interfaces' message(eg. B,D) were deleted. What's the reason?

In the abap table(sxmspmast), values of the field 'itfaction' are variant from 'ARCH', 'INIT', 'DEL'. What causd the INIT value?

Anyone experienced on it?

Thanks in advance

zhonghua

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member334189
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Zhonghua,

from your description I understand that you have processed messages for interfaces B/D and then configured these interfaces for archiving (in this order!). This does not work as the decision on the interface action is made right when the message enters the Integration Server. The determined action is then added to each message individually as a kind of property. So configuring interfaces B/D for archiving does not change messages processed before that point in time.

For further information you might want to have a look at http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/41/b715015ffc11d5b3ea0050da403d6a/frameset.htm

As of part XI3.0SP22 / PI7.0SP16 report RSXMB_DEL_TO_ARCH was delivered to change the interface action from 'Deletion' to 'Archiving' belatedly (this direction only!). For previous support package levels there is no possibility to do such a change from any UI. As the report is quite complex it is not available as an advanced correction per OSS note.

Interface actions 'DEL' and 'INIT' indicate that the message will be deleted as soon as it is no longer in retention period & its message state is final & its adapter state is final. Here 'INIT' may still occur internally for compatibility reasons as this value was often used in former times.

Best regards,

Harald Keimer

XI Development Support

SAP AG, Walldorf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Harald,

Thank you very much.

Supposed I have defined all interfaces to be archived and all messages have the successful final state and adapter state is final, all messages processed after that time will be archived, and the number of messages handled by deleting job(RSXMB_DELETE_MESSAGES&RSXMB_DELETE_HISTORY) should be zero, am I right?

Since processed messages are checked as either to be archived or to be deleted, how does the value 'INIT' come into being? Can you describle the relationship between these value(init, del, arch,..)?

Sicnce the archiving job(RSXMB_ARCHIV_PLAN)produce two subjobs(ARV_BC_XMB_WRPxxx, ARV_BC_XMB_DELxxx), after the step 2, the messages archived are already deleted from the database, am I right?

Award points given.

Best regards,

Fu ZhongHua

former_member334189
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear ZhongHua,

regarding your questions:

Supposed I have defined all interfaces to be archived and all messages have the successful final state and adapter state is final, all messages processed after that time will be archived, and the number of messages handled by deleting job(RSXMB_DELETE_MESSAGES&RSXMB_DELETE_HISTORY) should be zero, am I right?

YES and NO.

Yes, if all interfaces are confiuged for archiving, then no message is to be deleted by report RSXMB_DELETE_MESSAGES, because deletion is then done by report RSXMB_DELETE_ARCHIVED_MESSAGES. That report is executed by ARV_BC_XMB_DELxxx job, see last question.

No, this has nothing to do with report RSXMB_DELETE_HISTORY. History data does not reflect the interface action at all.

Since processed messages are checked as either to be archived or to be deleted, how does the value 'INIT' come into being? Can you describle the relationship between these value(init, del, arch,..)?

As lined out in my last answer 'INIT' and 'DEL' indicate that the message is to be deleted. Here 'INIT' was used internally as kind of intermediate state. There were technical reasons for not setting the value to 'DEL' immediately. Explaining this in all detail exceeds the scope of this thread. The crucial point is: whenever there is a positive identification for archiving the field ITFACTION is set immediately to 'ARCH', 'XACH' or 'XRCH'. For the exact meaning of each value you might want to check domain SXMSITFACT.

Sicnce the archiving job(RSXMB_ARCHIV_PLAN)produce two subjobs(ARV_BC_XMB_WRPxxx, ARV_BC_XMB_DELxxx), after the step 2, the messages archived are already deleted from the database, am I right?

YES and NO.

Yes, messages are deleted after the second step.

No, job ARV_BC_XMB_DELxxx is not created by RSXMB_ARCHIVE_PLAN, but it is triggered by ADK (provided that ADK is configured accordingly).

Best regards,

Harald Keimer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Harald,

Very useful infomation, close to the answer, award points given.

Let's return to my former confusion: Although I defined all interfaces(almost 100) to be archived using multiple selection (sxmb_admin: define interface for archiving), there were still many messages deleted by job SAP_BC_XMB_DELETE_001. In fact, the number of deleted messages shoule be zero.

-

Here is the job log:

Job started

Step 001 started (program RSXMB_DELETE_MESSAGES, variant &0000000000001, user ID PISUPER)

6.075 XML messages deleted

Step 002 started (program RSXMB_TABLE_SWITCH, variant &0000000000001, user ID PISUPER)

Job finished

-

I don't know why this happens. Maybe there are some error configurations or SAP XI (ABAP)cannot support so many interfaces to be archived.

Best regards.

Fu ZhongHua

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please redefine the question? Also specify the criteria that you have given in residence period.

-Thanks,

Ajay

JoelTrinidade
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Zhonghua,

Please refer to page 12 of the following guide. Check your steps.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/402fae48-0601-0010-3088-85c...

Also for a better insight look up https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/12811. [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

Regards

joel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanksfor your kindly response, but it doesn't clarify my question.