cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rollout Activities With respect to XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My next assignment will be there in SAP Rollout Activities...

Can any one please let me know the most common Activities those should perform in Rollout projects

Please share the information friends...

REgards

Edited by: Suman gupta on Mar 5, 2009 6:40 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it will have all phases as follows;

Blueprint/Design, Realization, implementation/development, Support and Maintenance etc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shabarish,

thanks for your valuable reply..

then what is the major difference between Implementation projects and the Rollout Projects.

For one of my client they implemented the project for one location and they are seeking for Rollout for other regions..

Iam first time learning about the rollout things, can you please share the info as you know

REgards

Former Member
0 Kudos

The only diff. is in rollout project you need not to worry about Hardware installation/configuration as the environment is ready..

Former Member
0 Kudos

I Found the Info....

Regards

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

another thing. Roll out projects may use existing scenarios. Ex. if a company has two locations A and B. If implementation id done for A already then for B it would be a roll out. The business process will be the same. Only changes would be customizing according to the location.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have sen 2/3 rollout projects...

1. most of the IR part that you have developed in implementaion can be resused except the message interfaces since if you reuse then and one of the business system say the source system is the same as the impl proj then it will give error like " object already exists "

2. Configuraion will change accordingly as the source and target system changes

3. but keep in mind that you can save much of effort by carefully re-using datatypes/messagetypes and mappings...

4.if you are aware before the impl proj start that there are going to be some rollouts you can create a reusable SWC componennt and keep all the datatypes etc...which might be reusable there.