cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP-QM(MIC)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All ,

My material GI pipe is due for quality inspection. Its UOM in material master is u201CMu201D (Meter). Now if I want to create a master inspection characteristic u201CThicknessu201D thru QS21 on quantitative basis , how can I give lower and upper limit of testing thickness as 0.1-0.2mm(As UOM is M while characteristic UOM is MM).

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204463
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

You can always give the measurement unit independent of the Base UoM.

SAP provides this featture since the measurement units are dependent on the equipment you use for inspection. Select Max and Min value in the control indiocators and specify mm in the Unit of measure filed for that particular MIC.

Regards,

Keerthi.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit

I think system will accept unit of measure in MIC as MM although in the material master it is Metre, because the UOM in the MM01 corresponds to the material whereas the UOM in MIC refers to the material dimensions. Also another suggestion, You can otherwise give the description of the MIC as "diameter in mm". This will help.

regards

Selva

Former Member
0 Kudos

While you assign the characteristics in the plan you will be asked for the UOM for the characteristics which is independent of the material UOM.

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Measurement unit in MIC can be independent of the UOM of the material.

So go ahead and create MIC by entering 1 in decimal places and selecting 'mm' as msmt unit

and enter the spec values 0.1 for lower limit and 0.2 for upper limit.

Hope this helps u

Regards

Venugopal

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In material master -> additional data tab assign conversion rule,

Thanks!!!!