cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deliveries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

Can you help me decide on how to go about things. example: plant 1000 with shipping point pick-up, export and forwarders and plant 2000 with shipping point pick-up, export and forwarders. or just go with plant 1000 with shipping point 1000 and plant 2000 with shipping point 2000. If i go with the later, how do i process export deliveries and pickups and forwarders?

A little lght on the subject will be greatly appreciated!! So thank you in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As for my understanding,

Here you can use the combination like Shipping pts 1001-export deliveries, 1002- pickups and 1003-forwarders for plant 1000 and for Plant 2000, Shipping pts 2001-export deliveries, 2002- pickups and 2003-forwarders can be used.

Thanks,

Swamy H P

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Joker,

As per the business requirement you can go about with different shipping points for domestic sales and export sale in each plant.

Or

You can go with the same shipping point for domestic as well as exports there will not be any problem because you can use different document types for export process like Export sales order,export delivery and Export invoice.

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

a very valid issue, but one that is actually very broad. to risk being simplistic... shipping point is crucial when processing your delivery document. in fact, all delivery functions occur in a shipping point.

if there is no need to split items into multiple delivery documents, usually only one shipping point is necessary regardless of number of plants. you define more than one shipping point if the opposite is required. you then configure shipping point determination based on a few factors.

i think you need to decide first how to process your deliveries... maybe local deliveries separate from international transactions, for example. then you could decide on how to setup your shipping points.

regards.