cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Use Adaptive RFC2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, all

I tried to create an arfc2 module to call a bapi.

The original way to create an arfc is not suitable for arfc2, because it is not necessary to maintain jco destination in web dynpro administrator. After I implemented my web dynpro aoo, I also created a destination for my R3 system in NWA. But my application still didn`t work. Can anyone tell me how to use an arfc2 module or give? Thanks a lot.

Best Regards.

Louis Huang

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in your wddoinit method try to take one value from node and display it as message, remove all othe UI elements. This is a test to check if the error is because of jco or template. if you are able to display the value then it means the data is coming from backend.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Aishwarya.

This error only occured when I binded my UI element with context parameter releated to my bapi

model. If I binded the UI element to other context parameter, it worked fine.

Best Regards.

Louis Huang.

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Louis,

Are u getting the exception still?

This error only occured when I binded my UI element with context parameter releated to my bapi

model. If I binded the UI element to other context parameter, it worked fine

Please use context node and attribute to UI elements and transfer the data from Value node to model node and finally execute the model.

Thanks and Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Fazal.

Sorry, I couldn`t catch your words clearly.

First, I bound component controller`s context with model`s parameters.

Then I bound component controller`s context with view controller`s context.

Last, I bound view controller`s context with UI elements.

This way is how I implemented my wd.

Best Regards

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Louis,

First, I bound component controller`s context with model`s parameters.

till this it is right.

now , design the View and create separate value nodes and Attributes for the UI elements and bound to it .

finnaly create the same structure in the Component Controller (ie value node and attributes ) and do the mapping between the View and component controller.

Executing the model :

here set the model parameters using the data from the value Attributes and execute thye model .

finnaly after executing the model , copy the output data from the model to value node and display the result in the View .

Hope it helps :

Thanks and Regards

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Louis,

There is some problem in UI Element context binding when the node is bound to RFC2 model.

Please check my post in this thread, we have a work around for this

Regards,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Fazal,

I just followed want you said and now atleast i dont get the null point exception but now the output is not displayed.

Although i didnt understand what you meant by this

" Executing the model :

here set the model parameters using the data from the value Attributes and execute thye model .

finnaly after executing the model , copy the output data from the model to value node and display the result in the View ."

can you explain clearly how to go about? Everybody are so ambigous.......

Regards

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you will bind input field UI element then it will give the error. however for output you can bind caption UI element to the attribute that will work fine. To take input take a value node and required attributes inside it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Louis,

For arfc2 model, you will need to create these 2 JCo destinations in NWA (login to NWA & goto System Configuration tab & create destinations there)

Kind Regards,

Nitin

former_member192434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Anup.

I hsd followed the link which you gave me to implement a web dynpro app before I posted this article.

I gave two name for logical name model instances and RFC meta data, but I couldn`t find out these two jco destinations in web dynpro administrator. I think this way is for arfc not for arc2, so I posted this article to look for other way to implement an arfc2 module.

Best Regards.

Louis Huang.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

are u getting any exception. because in rfc2 model there are some restrictions like the teplate for table and form doesnt work .you have to take ui element table and have to bind every node explicitly .the jco destination needs to be created and you have to use that destination to call rfc.

regards

vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Vishal.

Where can I create my jco destination? I couldn`t find out my destinations in web dynpro administrator. Even if I created by myself, i had no way to make a reference between my application and the jco destinations.

Best Regards.

Louis Huang.

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Louis,

Where can I create my jco destination?

Create two destinations(Meta data and Model data) in the NWA -- > Soa management --> Destinations .

import the model with these destinations and execute the model.

I couldn`t find out my destinations in web dynpro administrator. Even if I created by myself, i had no way to make a reference between my application and the jco destinations.

yes , u will not find those destinations in content administrator .(i think this is for ARFC).

Thanks and Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Vishal.

Thanks for your help.

I created the jco destinations in NWA and didn`t use form or table template(i still use button template ).

I thought that the problem about jco destination has been solved.

My another problem is how to bind my input field or table with context parameters. I didn`t use template and I bind the ui element with my context parameter by myself, but I still got an error message.

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.sap.mdi.ddtypes.DDDataelement.getDescription(DDDataelement.java:303)

at com.sap.dictionary.types.mdi.util.TextServices.getDescription(TextServices.java:165)

at com.sap.dictionary.types.mdi.util.TextServices.getQuickInfo(TextServices.java:145)

at com.sap.dictionary.runtime.DdDataType$TextService.getQuickInfo(DdDataType.java:219)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.context.DataAttributeInfo.getDisplayText(DataAttributeInfo.java:385)

... 99 more

Best Regards.

Louis Huang.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

the exception you got is null pointer exception so check whether the data is there or not if not please check the binding .if the problem persists then set all the values manually for the attributes and copy it to the required node using WDCopyService.

regards

vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

My another problem is how to bind my input field or table with context parameters. I didn`t use template and I bind the ui element with my context parameter by myself, but I still got an error message.

Hi,

Refer Note 1180724 - Release Restrictions for SAP EHP1 for SAP NetWeaver CE 7.1

WD Interface binding restrictions:

Process Composer does not support WebDynpro Componentu2019s Interface Controller Context Nodes bound to a WebDynpro Model (CMI); node data must not be dynamically modified (the BPM runtime does not notice such changes). Java Native Types, Core Data Types, additional predefined Simple Types of the dictionary are not supported.

Regards,

Anagha