cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

text determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friends.

please enlighten me or point me to the proper threads...

when i change the sold-to party in the sales order, header text is redetermined and the previous text is overwritten. are there any settings to prevent this? is this done both at header and item levels?

many thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

still waiting for inputs. will reopen as necessary.

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jonathan,

The text which is available in the sales order this might have come from Customer master data(Sold to party) so when you change the sold to party new text is getting determined.

-->Check the access sequence for that Text type,in the access sequence check what is text object maintained for that Text ID.

-->If the Text objects are KNA1 or KNVV for the sales order text type then that text will get copy from the customer master.

-->If you don't want to copy the text from the customer master then remove the settings for that text type with KNA1 and KNVV text objects.

Please conform with concern persons before going to change the settings.

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, Murali.

the original text was manually entered in the sales order and was not copied from the customer master. the new customer number does not have any text. when the new sold-to party was entered, the previous text entries were erased. nevertheless, your inputs are helpful. i will also try this and will update.

thanks!

Edited by: jonathan y on Mar 5, 2009 11:57 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, murali and shiva.

i have checked VOTXN and tried to remove the ID assignment to KNVV and KNA1 but this action has not worked. i have not tried deleting this because i don't know the consequences of this act.

i have not tried the user exits, but will do so in the soonest possible time and will post my feedback. in the meantime, allow me to temporarily close this thread.

many thanks.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check with the user exit USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_TVCOM_H in the include MV45AFZB.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, shiva. thanks for the input. will try this and get back to you.

in the meantime, if anyone else has other options by just doing configuration, please let me know.

cheers.