cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Explain PCK, adapter framework and JCA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guru's

I have sean lot many materials but still now i am not able to figure out these tree words. i.e. PCK, ADAPTER FRAMEWORK and JCA.

Can any one explain me at ground level what these three words means and relationship between them and where do they stand in the overall XI ARCHITECTURE. And also tell me the uses of all the above words.

Thanks in advance.

arjun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>I have sean lot many materials but still now i am not able to figure out these tree words. i.e. PCK, ADAPTER FRAMEWORK and JCA.

PCK - called small XI/PI it's a middleware which can do mappings but has to be connected to XI from one side

more about features:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/EN/99/115281baba404890d2561617a78409/content.htm

JCA - java connectivity that XI/PI uses:

http://java.sun.com/j2ee/connector/overview.html

adapter framework

this is a term under which all adapters (like file, jdbc) and their processing is being described

but please post more detailed questions as answers to most of those

you can find yourself in google ok ?

Thanks,

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

PCK is a small Integration tool kit used by small Business Partners for connecting to their large Business partners who are using SAP-XI. Small Business partners connect to their large Bisuness partners to have a reliable exchange of XML msgs with SAP-XI. Cost could be one of the reasons why Small business partners restricted them self to install SAP(SAP-XI... if they are not implementing SAP fully in their company because SAP-XI is part of SAP Package) but they do want to take advantage of Reliable XML message exchange capabilities of SAP-XI integration which is being implemeted by their partners).... the above reason that i was trying to explain could be one of the reasons... please go through the blogs already available in SDN for a better understanding and correct me if i went wrong...

how to configure PCK-XI integration with a example... and also go through the SAP help

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/08/30/pck-cross-sectional-analysis-part-2

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/08/30/pck-cross-sectional-analysis-part-2

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/08/30/pck-cross-sectional-analysis-part-1

Regards,

JP

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Adapter Framework is the technology used by the adapter engine to support the most of the XI adapters.

It is responsible in messaging service between IE and the connected systems, caching the configuration, administration and monitoring of messages/adapters, executing generic and user created adapter modules.

JCA is the Java Connector Architecture that is used to connect the standard or user created adapter to the J2EE Adapter engine. SAP WEB AS has a J2EE engine in it and the connectivity to this J2EE engine is established using JCA.

Thanks,

SaNv...

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arjun,

PCK: Partner Connectivity Kit enables small vendors or companies to exchange the business data in form of XML message to their business partners SAP XI system. The small companies do the mapping and the configuration in the PCK to exchange message to business partners SAP XI. PCK is based on adapter framework.

For small companies to exchange message to their business partners without PCK can be done by passing the file/data to the business partner and the business partner have to set up a scenario on their own SAP XI server and process the data. With this type of landscape the small companies will not be able to monitor the file/data that was passed from them. So they own the PCK to convert,post the message directly to business partner SAP XI server and monitor.

Thanks,

SaNv...

JoelTrinidade
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arjun,

Feel free to ask if doubt pertains...

Edited by: joel trinidade on Mar 5, 2009 11:31 AM

JoelTrinidade
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arjun,

I would try to explain to you in common man's parlance. Beginning with

PCK: The Partner Connectivity Kit (PCK) enables you to connect to SAP Exchange Infrastructure (SAP XI).Using the PCK, you can configure how messages are exchanged between senders and receivers.

Adapter Framework: Part of the Adapter Engine, which provides interfaces for configuring, managing, and monitoring adapters.

JCA:The J2EE Connector architecture provides a Java technology solution to the problem of connectivity between the many application servers.

Regards

joel