cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sizing PI's DT & MT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I have a doubt, i need to measure the occurrence of the sent messages of PI's part. because they asking me the size of the messages by DT and MT, i know that this idea is crazy, but the require the information, and if i have many SWC in the ESR, check everyone, and determine the total size, to try to know how the performance of the server is affected.

I hope that you understand my request.

Thanks,

Vicman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vicman,

Normally people is more concern toward the real message throughput in the integration.

And one way of looking at the message size is through Runtime Workbench. Go to performance monitoring tab, and choose data source IS (Integration server)

Regards,

Lim...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well Vic, it is a tricky question indeed.

There are 3 options:

1) if you want to know the size of the whole PI Integration repository (ESR) and its objects contact basis, they will let you know how much size you are consuming.

2) if you just want to know the size of the objects, (i.e DT and MT) you can export the xsd's, there is a green export symbol just above the mapping structure area. (save document source), you can use this to save to your local file and then calculate the size through the properties.

3) if it is just messages (output file sizes) which is usually the case, then you would need to calculate the size in the receiver. for ex: if it is FTP you can see the size of the file in the FTP server.

However the size in the receiver might be different since receiver will be a flat file in FTP's case and in PI it is in XML form (XML will take more space, around 5 times more)

Gud luck, i would say get a clear picture as to what size they want to know, usually it will be msg size bcause for rest normally clients will have suffice resources.

Regards,

Pavan