cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locking the Planning books when the backgroun job runs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

If the Users access the Planning book at the time of the back ground job on the Planning area generally job gets failure.To overcome this we need to lock the planning area when back ground job is scheduled.So is there in facility in the APO to kick users or lock planning book if they access at these point of time.

What to do to acheive this ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please use t-code su12 in APOto achieve your requirement

Kindly confirm

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your replies

I am not understanding how to use the su12 and Functional Module while scheduling the process chain.

Request you to kindly elaborate the locking functionality.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for the late reply..what i meant with the FM /SAPAPO/MSDP_DATA_LOCK... is that you could write a program to call the FM and then run your program and then call a Z program with FM /SAPAPO/MSDP_DATA_UNLOCK to deque the Planning area.

Please let me know if this helps

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry,

But I don't understand why SU12 is being recommended for this problem?

How does finding authorization objects by user going to help?

Is there some functionality from w/in SU12 that can be used?

Ken Snyder

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree with what Ken has to say.

Senthil please note SU12 is not an option especially in Live Production environment.

Forget production even in Dev in most project BASIS will not give access to functional team.

Mani take a look at this [blog|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/12661] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]; which would give you enough background information to build a custom enhancement to inform users to come out of Change mode in Interactive Planning before a Planning Job is executed otherwise their session gets killed.

Hope this helps.

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Locking/unlocking user is a foreground activity which will not take more than one to two minutes. It has to be controlled manually before start and end of job completion. It did not have background executing functionality as per sap standards and hence you cannot attach in process chains as well.

Thanks & Regards

R. Senthil mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto su12 t-code, give the user id's and select authorisation data, here u can define the user id, T-code, authorisation object(use basis person to get the authorisation object), authorisation, user group (if any) etc., [you can save your settings using any variant also], and then use F3 to comeback to the main menu, then press lock/unlock button depending upon your requirement. This will lock/unlock an user.

Hope this is clear. I would suggest you first make yourself comfortable in a sandbox before start using in live system so that users will not get affected.

Please confirm.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil

Thanks a lot.

I am bit cleared with the Locking and Unlocking Concept.

How to automize the Locking ,Whether we can use this has the Process Type in the Process Chain.I mean before the Job Runs for that particular Planning Area, Planning books should get locked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

use a call to FM "/SAPAPO/MSDP_DATA_LOCK" in your scheduled job.