cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selection ID creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I have 3 departments with 3 users for each department who perform planning.

Confusion in Selection ID Creation:

Shall i give users full control on the selection ID creation for all users or shall i restrict them.Please advice me whom to give control on creation and assignment of the selection ID's.

Can anybody throw some light on this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would suggest let one central person(Demand planner) creates all the selection Ids for all 3 departments. Similarly 3 data views needs to be created for all the 3 users and each data view needs to be assigned to each one. The Demand planner runs the statistical forecast and copy the values of forecast generated into a key figure in a planning book. The key figure will be assigned to the dataview so that all 3 users can view the same statistical figures and make corrections. All 3 users corrected key figures are captured in different key figures. Using macro, you can write your own logic to merge all the three key figures to get a consolidated forecast value which should be captured in final forecast key figure.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kalyan,

Please goto planning book (/n/sapapo/sdp94), click on selection window(left hand top corner second button), enter your selections as per your requirement (how you want to view your planning book) and then press save button, enter the name of your selection id and then save again. Your selection id is ready. You can view this id when you are clicking the selection profile (left hand middle area).

Please confirm

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Assigning selection id creation depends upon how extent the products of the selection criteria affects the planning by the users. If each user has got different items in selection criteria to carry out transactions, then you can restrict each user with different selection criteria. If each user is dealing with common items, then same selection id can be created in common for all users.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

how can we create selection id?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I our case the three departments forecasting the products demand with different customers.

Every one User from the Department will be given authorizatin to run Statistical forecast.

If i give authorization to create the selection ids to them it will mess up.

Department 1 will be forecasting all the products X,Y,Z so department 1 will be given authorization to create Selections on all products X,Y,Z.Department 2 will be forecasting on the Y product and authorized to create selection ID for the product Y.

Please give ur advice for the following example :

If the user A from department 1 creates the selction ID for the product X,Y,Z with 100 customers and runs the statiical forecast for this selection and finalizes the forecast which has least error.

If User B from deparment 2 creates the selection ID for the Product Y with 20 customers and if he run the statistical forecast the old forecast values which run by the USER 1 for the product Y combination gets over writed.

How to tackle this situation.