cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Shipping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello gurus,

I have a requirement which seems to be logical but i am confused so as to configure it in the system.

Our business charges the customer a shipping charge on the total order value basis.

So i have a condition type

ZSHH which has a scale basis = value & scale type = A ... base scale (means from a particular value)

Group str key = 1 ... overall document (to group conditions at header level)

condition record: here i have maintained different shipping charge for different scales eg.

scale value Amount

0 0

10 3

20 6

30 9

and soon...

now there is an offer for if the customer is eligible then he gets free shipping for an order whose value is above $80

So i need to provide this functionality to the business.

So what I thought is to create another condition type which gives 100% discount.

ZDUM- Scale basis = value & Scale type = A (base value)

Group str key = 1 ... overall document (to group conditions at header level)

Cond. Record:

Scale basis amount

80 100

Which means that any order above $80 gets a 100% discount.

However now the problem is placing the condition type in the pricing procedure.

The pricing procedure looks somthing like this ...

Step Cnt C.Type Description From To ....

450 0 ZSHH Ship and Handling

451 0 ZDUM Test Cond. Type

As of now i havent placed anything on the From or To column in pricing procedure.

In this case, ZDUM takes the order value as the condition value and applies a 100% discount if it is above $80 & thus makes the order value 0.

My requirement is to make the shipping charge 0. And I cant put 450 in the from column of ZDUM coz then it starts taking the value contributed by ZSHH as the condition value for determination which is not the requirement.

Now the only thing that I can think of is to make ZDUM as a discount on fixed amount category and put the same scales that I have maintained in the shipping charge as that of ZSHH.

Is there a better way of doing it.

It is urgen... can someone guide me please ...

Thanks

Vinit parkar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i figured out

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vinit,

I believe condition Type AMIW (a Z copy of it) should work in this case which will calculate value on the basis of Total ORDER value. However the discount thereafter should be = shipping charges (calcluated using ur condition type for shipping charges).

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vinit,

With the help of Apab consultant create new routine XXX for Alternative calculation type and also create Alternative formula for condition base value using t code VOFM---> pricing for the same Condition type(ZSHH), This may solve your problem.

Thanks,

Swamy H P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vineet,

you could add a new requirement in pricing procedure , stating that the condition should be activated only if the order is below 80$, else it should skip

to make it more dyanamic, you could also pick the minimum value from the condition type of your condition zsshp

hope this helps

thanks

akasha