Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BI system implementation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

This a SAP BI system with Sales data.

First of all I want to say that I am not experienced in SAP (as I am from Business Objects) , so please, I need detailed information for what I want to do.

This what I want to do:

I have two users, let's call them A & B and A is from Spain, so, he is going to see only Spain customers' data and B is from Hungary, so he is only going to see Hungary customers' data.

I am using test data so, if customer and country are not SAP variables, you can use existing Sales variables instead of them.

Now, my questions:

1.- Are they called SAP BI system?

2.- Do I need to create a role for implementing them or it is user configuration?

3.- How are they implemented?

4.- What about Hierarchy Authorizations? What are they? Is their implementation similar? Can I use the same role when implementing them (if a role was needed in question 2)?

Many thanks for your support!

Bea

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This level of restriction is possible with Analysis authorization, where you can limit the access at Infocube level, or data level. You can have a look at the below website:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/bi/authorization%252bin%252bsap%252bnw%252bbi

This link provides a detailed explanation on How to setup the Analysis authorization. Moreover, your requirement is the one which it addresses. You don't need a programming again Sounds good right.

Post me back if you need any further details.

Regards,

Raghu

SAP Certified Netweaver Security Professional

0 Kudos

Thanks Raghu,

So, to make myself clear. At the end I entered the US01 and I added the following roles to the users:

- User A -> Role: SAP_BW_0ROLE_0002; Desccription: Purchase Manager

- User B -> Role: SAP_BW_0ROLE_0006; Desccription: Product Manager

- User C -> Role: SAP_BW_0ROLE_0007; Desccription: Sales Manager

I imagine that roles that starts with "SAP_" are SAP roles, so then, I do not need to create one of them... Better!

Then, is there any default infocube where I can test they will access differente data?

Many thanks again!

Bea