cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC web services - test functionality

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I am working on GRC52 and I have few questions on web services and their configuration, usage in GRC. Please comment.

When testing GRC webservices like VirsaCCRiskAnalysisService, how do you know what each field stands for?

Any documentation provided by SAP on these web services? as in installation guides, configuration guides? or SAP Notes?

Did you happen to configure these web services manually (or) are they delivered out of the box?

I do not see these virsa web services in SOAMANAGER on backend ECC server. So, are these purely java based web services?

And, in your experience, did you use any standard web service testing tools?

Regards,

Reddy P.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reddy,

This web service is for internal use only and that is why you won't see descriptions about any field. SAP has build an external web service in AC 5.3. It is called SAPGRC_AC_IDM_RISKANALYSIS. Look at Page # 285 in AC 5.3 config guide which explains all the fields from above WS. Most of these fields would be similar to the original WS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Alpesh.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

Please find my response below:

1. When testing GRC webservices like VirsaCCRiskAnalysisService, how do you know what each field stands for? AC 5.3 configuration guide has explanation about all the fields. you can use the same as there is not much change

Any documentation provided by SAP on these web services? as in installation guides, configuration guides? or SAP Notes? As of AC 5.2, these web services were not available for external use so you won't find any official documentation around it.

2. Did you happen to configure these web services manually (or) are they delivered out of the box? These web services come out of the box. How did you get them?

3. I do not see these virsa web services in SOAMANAGER on backend ECC server. So, are these purely java based web services? These products are java based and same goes with webservices. It has nothing to do with backend SAP system.

4. And, in your experience, did you use any standard web service testing tools? I have used SOAP tool kit and you can use any of the web service testing tools available in the market.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alpesh,

Thanks for the response.

As we are running AC52, I dont see the web service description.

I looked through in AC53 configuration guide, but did not get the field (parameter) description for the web services offered. -- ??

Yes, we got the web services out of the box. But when we started to test the delivered web services, we did not know what each parameter stands for, and expects what field input values.

I will be sure to check the SOAP tool kit utility.

Regards,

Reddy P.