cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STAD parameter

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

in our system STAD holds only 2 days worth of logs. is there any way i can increase the length of logs? or may be i can set the parameters.

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

the above solution provided by one expert worked with R3 4.7. but when I followed the steps in ECC 6.0, the ST03 options are little different. any suggestions please.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

follow the path:

go to st03->the in expert mode go to Collector and performance DB->then statistics records file

Relevant profile parameters->then the server name

you will see the list of profile parameters realted to STAD transaction,check note 6833this will help you to configure your statistics record

But I would suggest you not to go with STAD options,you can check all the logs in ST03 transaction that you want to monitor as STAD can have performance issues

Hope it helps

Rohit

former_member603052
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not that much sure about this in ECC 6.0 but check the parameters stat/as_max_files or stat/max_files

Regards,

Kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

how do I change parameters?

former_member603052
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can change parameter using RZ10 but the parameters i mentioned previously are related to max no. of statistics files and not the retention time.I think you need to change as said earlier (change the 48 hours to other value)

Regards,

Kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for taking time to respond.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Please Check the OSS Notes 552845, 364168 to read more STAD Transaction and its usage.

With Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any specific reason to check STAD for more than 48 hours? It will increase demand for more space at filesystem level.

Please keep following SAP note handy just in case you observe space problems.

[https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=16513]

Hope this helps.

Manoj

Edited by: Manoj Chintawar on Mar 5, 2009 8:57 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>Is there any specific reason to check STAD for more than 48 hours?

Like always, this depends from each SAP customer needs.

We increased STAD data to hold 3 days, because some times we had to analyse a problem on the production system during the weekend. with only 2 days of retention the STAD traces were gone at analysis time...

Regards,

Olivier Chretien

former_member603052
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can change in TCode ST03

ST03 --> Collector -->Work load collector -->Control . There you can change 48 hours to what time you need.

Regards,

Kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check the below link which may help you to drill out more about STAD

/people/andreas.vogel/blog/2007/01/12/statistical-records-part-1-inside-stad

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/bf/0ae73ac6e7ec28e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

/people/andreas.vogel/blog/2007/03/16/how-to-read-st03n-datasets-from-db

OSS Notes 552845

Regards

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

<removed_by_moderator>

• This was a copy&paste from help.sap.com

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/27/930e422dfcdc2ce10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Do NOT copy & paste.

Read the "RULES of Engagement"

Thank you,

Shyam

Edited by: Juan Reyes on Mar 5, 2009 8:18 AM