cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variant Creation for the Back Ground Jobs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts

1) What are the settings we need to consider in the Variant Creation for generating CVC's, Planning Area Initialization, Calculate Proportional Factors and Loading planning area.

2)I believe Process flow to create process chain:

Generate CVC's--

>Planning Area Intialization
>Load Planning Area Vesrion
--

>Calculate Proportional Factors

Please correct if the process flow is not right.

3) Is it require to check the adjust time series for generating CVC's for every time?

4) How to generate the proportional factors for all the products in the single job?I assume that need to create a single selection ID which has all Characteristic values and assign this while creating the Proportional factors.Please correct me if i am wrong.

Please give your valuable opinions on the above queries

Thanks in advance

Edited by: Mani4690 on Mar 4, 2009 9:37 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Below are the answers to your queries.

1) What are the settings we need to consider in the Variant Creation for generating CVC's, Planning Area Initialization, Calculate Proportional Factors and Loading planning area.

While creating CVC's (t-code /n/sapapo/mc62)select your MPOS, goto create characteristic combinations, then enter Target mpos, say generate in background, tick against all fields in action selection, and then save as variant. During planning area initialisation(/n/sapapo/msdp_admin), select your planning area, right click and say create time series objects and then enter planning version, start and end dates and execute job in background. While calculating proportional factors (/n/sapapo/mc8v), enter ur planning area & infocube and then save as a variant. For loading data from infocube to planning area (tcode /n/sapapo/tscube), select the infocube, planning version, planning area, planning versin, periods, tick mark in results log, key figure assignments, if you have any selection criteria enter, and then save as variant.

2) 2)I believe Process flow to create process chain:

Generate CVC's--

>Planning Area Intialization
>Load Planning Area Vesrion
--

>Calculate Proportional Factors

Please correct if the process flow is not right.

Correct

3) ) Is it require to check the adjust time series for generating CVC's for every time?

Yes, it is required.

4) How to generate the proportional factors for all the products in the single job?I assume that need to create a single selection ID which has all Characteristic values and assign this while creating the Proportional factors.Please correct me if i am wrong.

if you use mc8v t-code and provide planning area & infocube, it will ask for version name and dates, once u enter this info, proportional factors will get created.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) When we create the Variant we need to give some settings like Dynamic date calculation and extra to run the back ground job which takes the history and Future dates from the Current Date.

I need the information on these aspects

2)While creating the Proporation Factors we must give the Selection ID Based on this selection ID system will generate the proportional factors from the Infocube or Planning area.I have more than 25 selection IDS.

Here my query is We need to generate proporations for all combinations in one Job.My assumption in this context is If i create 1 selection ID with all Charteristic Values and assign it in the MC8V while creating the Proportional Factors.

Correct me if i am wrong.

Edited by: Mani4690 on Mar 5, 2009 11:39 AM