cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitor O/S Paging via Solution Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone help with my issue.

Trying to set-up an alert for the amount of used paging memory on our O/S. I've had a look in our Solution Manager system, we do have have an MTE class set-up specifically for Paging i.e it monitors Page_IN, Page_Out, Data Transfer In and Data Transfer Out.

What I'm really needing if the % of Paging Memory being used.

Many Thanks

Gavin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

I guess you are trying to create monitor for Paging memory from ST02 if I understand properly.

For this you can create your own MTE with the MTE Class: R3PagingUsed or R3PagingUsedKB or R3PagingUsedMaxKB, same way you can do it for Roll area as well.

If you want to check the amount of paging in ST06, these MTE's are already configured in default so I guess you dont need any other MTE than this.

Regards,

Yoganand.V

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto RZ21,

1. Select Display overview then create a method by copying from template method " CCMS_OnAlert_Email". Ex: Your method is Monitor_OS_Paging_CCMS_OnAlert_Email.

2. Give the the related parameters (Sender, Receiver, Type).

3. Select Release method as "Auto".

Then Goto RZ20

1. Drill down "SAP CCMS Monitor Templates"

2. Select File system and assign the above created method.

Then automatically you will be getting alerts if you have configured SMTP in your system.

For SMTP configuration:

1. Check SMTP is configured or not using SCOT.

2. In goto of SCOT give the Default settings as "*.com or *.net" for alerts.

3. In unitilies of SCOT give the related information.

4. Double click on SMTP in SCOT and give the exchange server inf. then you will get automatically the alerts as per the method allocation.

With Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gavin,

You need to set-up central system monitoring in solution Manager. You can checkout transactions SMSY, DSWP, SDCCN etc.

Please find link below for reference.

[https://websmp202.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700000076842009E/]

Hope this helps.

Manoj Chintawar