cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoice question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to have the same invoices using the same document number in multiple fiscal years for the same customer?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is it possible to have the same invoices using the same document number in multiple fiscal years for the same customer?

As per your thread- I understood that, You are talking about Invoice number ranges in multiple fiscal year.

As i Said in my above post, in Std it is not possible to have same invoice document numbers in multiple fiscal yr- ( without using USEREXIT)

If you are talking about FI accounting documents,- YES, it is possible -because accounting document number ranges are Year Dependant.

former_member383560
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi

As said by other consultants, its possible to have same number for multiple fiscal year bcoz number ranges are document specific similarlily maintaining identical number for the same customer, if the company have handful of customers this possible if the have proper discipline in montoring and inputing the data however on auditing point of view tend to provoke lot of questions by the internal as well as external auditors to the concern person during the filing of return and balancesheet preparation of that company, so please exactly mention your requierment on consulting with the fi counterpart and let us know more.

with regards

baalakrushnan.da

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

NO,

as i know, You cant have same doc number ranges for Invoices in Multiple fiscal year.

Bcoz INvoice number ranges are not year dependant just like Accounting Documents ( Eg:FBN1 is yr dependeant)

But no range object:RV_BELEG is not an yr dependent object- VN01- which is used for Invoice documents.

to achieve this, you can write logic in USEREXIT_NUMBER_RANGE.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

you can have very well the same number ranges for different fiscal years

if u create the same and assign the number ranges for different fiscal years

But i doubt the same with reference to customers

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is possible to have same invoice number in multiple fiscal year, if you are setting same number range for the billing type every year. Can you please specify your requirement more clearly?