SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

extra charges duplicated in fee calculation for two simultaneous programs

Dmoreira
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all, I need your help with the following issue:

In fee calculation, we charge for program of study cost, and sometimes for extra charges, such as meals.

We have defined a pricing procedure for the program of study fee calculation, and a pricing procedure for the extra charges fee calculation.

We have then defined a Fee calculation procedure and added the mentioned pricing procedures to it.

We run fee calculation for an student registered in a program of study, and everything works fine. Program of study fee and extra charge fee is calculated correctly.

But when we register the student to another program of study (simultaneously with the other one), and we run fee calculation, the program of study is charged twice (this is ok), but the meals are also charged twice...

I cannot make the extra charges to be "charged" just only once, in spite the student has one or two programs of study. Can you help me with some hint to solve this problem?

Thanks

Diego

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deigo,

Do you guys use full-time and part time indicator on Student registration records? I think you can explore that option. If student enrolled for more than one program don't charge extra charge if program is part time because you are already associating those charge to full time program.

Prabhat Singh

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deigo,

Do you guys use full-time and part time indicator on Student registration records? I think you can explore that option. If student enrolled for more than one program don't charge extra charge if program is part time because you are already associating those charge to full time program.

Prabhat Singh

0 Kudos

Prabhat, thanks for the answer. Your suggestion is really useful, and I think we will handle this thing that way.

Bye,

Diego