cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection from AIX To SQL Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody!!!

I need your help, I'm not a Basis admin, I'm a ABAP developer but I need to know how I can connect from SAP on AIX to SQL Sever.

I read many thread but I didn't fond a clear answer. I know that that on the tcode DBCO I can configurate the DB conecction but also is necesary the DBSL but it doesn't work for unix.

So somebody know the steps to get a connection to SQL Sever?

Tkns in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tnks to everybody....

The way to solve this one is make a program on some language (java, C, ...) and connect to this by RFC. of course you need develop the program.. =(

Other way is by XI or something like that but not all the companies have XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

MS-SQL work purely on Windows environment, If you wanted a connectivity then you have to setup a application instance with SQL DB and have a RFC between your current system and the application instance.

Regards..

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To connect to another database you need

- a database client

- a database interface (db<database>slib.*)

Neither a client nor a database interface exists for SQL Server but for Microsoft platforms.

You can, however, install (or let someone do that for you) an application server on Windows in your AIX environment and use that to connect.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there other way to get a connection?

In case of install an appliacation server wich is the better?

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi there,

since this is a request that reoccurs every now and then, there had of course been a lot of discussions about it.

The restriction is mentioned officially in note

#178949 - MSSQL: Datenbank-MultiConnect mit EXEC SQL

Anyhow, you may find useful as there were some alternative approaches mentioned.

regards,

Lars

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

-- deleted double posting ---