cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to duplicate a project on NW04s (7.00)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings

I want to duplicate my WD project to have one copy with one JCO set and the other copy with another JCO set pointing to another R3 server.

This can be done easily on NW04 copying the project folders, but acording to the SAP Note Number: 784677 now I cant have two components or view with the same name or package.

Is there a way to do this easy? changing the package or something to have two copies with no problems.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is not possible to have two projects with same componentu2019s names from NW04s SP12 (I guess).

if you want to use same names you can use them in different tracks. But do you really need this? But for your scenario you can use two projects with different component names like CompR1, CompR2 and remaining names you can use same.

Use the following thread for copying projects

For DCs

In step 1: Go to <Inst.Drive>:\Documents and Settings\<user>\.dtc\LocalDevelopment\DCs\sap.com\<DC>\_comp

Regards,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Siva

I made a copy and then I renamed the component, then I had to rename the applications because of the [Namespace conflicts|https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/WDJava/Clusterwideexception-FailedtodeployWebDynprocontentforapplication]

But because of this I had to edit the code, because I have a lot of calls to the component controller on the views, also to the message pool.

Do you know a way to make this chage automatic? ...also do you know another way to avoid changing the Applications name? ...so I dont have to change the portal views

Thanks

Jean Carlo

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jean Carlo,

There is no way to avoid renaming. We have to rename the component name and create a new application.

Do you know a way to make this chage automatic?

In many references, it is updated automatically except in implimentation editor.

Use Find/Replace (Ctrl+F) option and replace with new name in implimentation.

If it is used only in views it is simple to rename.

(You can use Tasks view to locate the wrong references)

Best Regards,

Siva

Answers (0)