cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHaRM-How to do the Bundling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I heard that using CHaRM, can do the Bundling the request and transport into target system or production system. Anybody has any idea how to do the bundling and move to different system.

Thanks in advance.

Ava

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

the bundling is done in the CTS project automatically whenever you create a transport within a change request. You can see them all by going to your IMG project > Transport Request tab > Assigned CtS requests

the movement is done in the scheduler - tcode SCMA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Thanks for providing the valuable information. But I still have question.

1. You mentioned by going to IMG Project - Transport Request Tab - CTS Request

Where to check, solution manager or managed system and what's the tcode for that? Is that /tmwflow/proj (Project Structure tab) or any other tcode.

2. Right now all our transport request are in Dev environment and not yet released and Ur.gent correction. When I go to tcode SCMA, how to import all into QA 100, 101 & 102 and then again from QA 100 to PROD 100.

3. Sometime back, there was inconsistency in our maintenance cycle and close the maintenance cycle and create new one. Old MC was having some 15 Transport request. When I go tcode /tmwflow/proj Project Structure tab I see Cycle then IMG Project then CTS Project and under that all old transports of old cycle (status complete flag) and new transports of new cycle. Is that going to have any problem while bundle and moving to QA.

Please help me.

Thanks

Ava

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. you can either see it in your Solution Manager maintenance project or you can see it in SPRO_ADMIN.

2. under your test system on the left is an action called Import Transport Requests. Right click it, click Schedule, select immediately (default), select the Synch radio button (top one), click execute.

3. you'll probably have an issue if the new transports rely on config in the old transports. You can cheat and just move these manually I think. You'll want to do this before doing #2 above.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Thanks again. I could able to see the Assign CTS request for the IMG project.

But now when I run SCMA, do I need to enter task number as Maintenance task number Prefix M and number or the Task number Prefix H and consecutive number. Each Ur.gent request have one task. So I cannot enter each task number.

I heard that if you have support desk/service desk and attach change request, then easy to bundle. I am not sure. Is that the way bundling works. Like right now our developers already created 100 transport request in managed systems. I am not sure what's the best solution to bundle it. most of are Customizing request and some of workbench request. From your experience, what the best way to bundle those and move to QAS. Tomorrow, I am going to move to QAS and not sure how to bundle and move to QAS. It's very ur.gent, please provide the valuable solution which will help me to move this.

Thanks

Ava

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'd answer, but this forums "abuse filter" says I am using foridden words. Quite ridiculous, and I've rewritten my post 3 times

Good luck.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

I can understand your fru.stration. Even happend to me lots of time.

Could you Please p.ost me avataratar at yahoo dot com

Thanks

Ava

Edited by: Ava Tar on Mar 5, 2009 12:33 AM