Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Watches

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In the Forum FAQ there is the following information:

>After 30 days, inactive watches automatically expire.

How is this inactivity calculated? I have watches expire even though, as a Moderator, I am reading emailed posts alomost daily. Do I have to actually logon and visit the forum to register activity?

Yesterday, my watch to the NetWeaver Administrator Forum disappeared even though I had posted there within the last week. Is this a bug?

Best Regards,

Matt

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

michael_goeck
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Actually it's 90 days. Here is what you see in your watch settings:

"For your convenience, watches on content that hasn't been updated for more than 90 days will be automatically removed from your list. To prevent any watch from being automatically deleted, simply toggle the "Save Watch" option."

Regards,

Michael

former_member205352
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> To prevent any watch from being automatically deleted, simply toggle the "Save Watch" option."

>

> Regards,

>

> Michael

Thanks, was not aware of this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thanks, I was not aware of what that feature was either. I will take advantage of it now (I guess I didn't read the fine print).

Although that should solve my problem, as my original problem states, I did have forum watches disappear in way less than the 90 day period.

Best Regards,

Matt

michael_goeck
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

I checked the respective code of the task that checks for watches, and it seems to be correct and straight-forward with not much room for errors. However, you never know, maybe the watch objects didn't get updated correctly once there was a change in the underlying forum object (category, forum, thread, user). This would be quite hard to check after such an issue has happened, because the watch is being deleted without a trace

Furthermore we frequently check the SCN inbox for notifications which bounced back because the email address was wrong. We delete all watches for the users who have maintained this wrong email address in their SCN profile.

So to be honest I can only give you the advice to "save" important watches with the process outlined above.

Regards,

Michael

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member205352
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have similar concern too,I use watches as a kind of "save useful threads".

Is there something like favorite thread option or something similar, where we can store useful threads ?

This will avoid searching for the same thread again.