cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iseries Install of NW 7.1 PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good morning,

I am attempting to install NW PI 7.1 on an Iseries 570 LPAR. This is not a distributed installation. All has went well up to 29, Restart Instance and the install keeps erroring out now with the following error, and I have been unable to locate an answer:

INFO 2009-03-04 10:03:19.827 [sixxcstepexecute.cpp:985]

An error occured and the user decided to retry the current step: "|NW_Onehost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|i

nd|1|0|NW_CI_Instance|ind|ind|ind|ind|11|0|NW_CI_Instance_ABAP_Reports|ind|ind|ind|ind|5|0|setABAPNormalMode".

INFO 2009-03-04 10:03:19.908 [syuxccuren.cpp:1068]

CSyCurrentProcessEnvironmentImpl::setWorkingDirectory(const CSyPath & /tmp/sapinst_instdir/PI71/INSTALL/SYSTEM/DB4/STD

/AS)

lib=syslib module=syslib

Account xidadm already exists.

INFO 2009-03-04 10:03:21.511 [syuxcaccmg.cpp:237]

bool CSyAccountMgtImpl::isExisting(ISyAccountMgt::eAccountType accountType, iastring sName)

lib=syslib module=syslib

Account 709 already exists.

ERROR 2009-03-04 10:03:23.875 [syuxccuren.cpp:322]

CSyCurrentProcessEnvironmentImpl::setUser(PSyUser)

lib=syslib module=syslib

FSH-00009 Technical exception description: Can't create user profile handle for user XIDADM. Error:CPF22E20XIDADM ..

ERROR 2009-03-04 10:03:23.875 [syuxccuren.cpp:326]

CSyCurrentProcessEnvironmentImpl::setUser(PSyUser)

lib=syslib module=syslib

FSL-04016 Unable to change user. ID: 712. No such process

ERROR 2009-03-04 10:03:23.884

CJSlibModule::writeError_impl()

MUT-03025 Caught ESyException in Modulecall: At line 329 file syuxccuren.cpp

Call stack:

iaxxejsctl.cpp: 249: EJS_ControllerImpl::executeScript()

iaxxejsbas.hpp: 445: EJS_Base::dispatchFunctionCall()

iaxxejsexp.cpp: 171: EJS_Installer::invokeModuleCall()

syuxccuren.cpp: 640: CSyCurrentProcessEnvironmentImpl::setEffectiveUser(PSyUser,iastring)

syuxccuren.cpp: 147: CSyCurrentProcessEnvironmentImpl::setUser(PSyUser)

Technical exception description: Can't create user profile handle for user XIDADM. Error:CPF22E20XIDADM ..

Unable to change user. ID: 712. No such process

If anyone else has came across this issue or has a hint, it would be greatly appreciated. I tried to manually change the UID on the <SID>adm profile, but the system did not like it since this profile owns objects already.

Regards,

Doug Slupski

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Doug,

The CPF22E2 message means "The password if not correct for user profile XIDADM". Have you changed the password for this user manually? Can you log in into your machine with this password or other password? If you used the master password, then this should be current password for use xidadm. Otherwise it should be the one you specify in your specific user dialog in SAPinst.

Regards,

Luis Gonzalez

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you both for the replies. The install had gone well up to step 29 of the process. I made sure I read the notes closely and applied everything that was needed for the install on V6R1.

Like Luis stated, I realized what was happening with the password because we did find that message in the system history log. To make a long story short, we have '/usr/sap/trans' on a separate LPAR on our 570 and needed to create the <SID> profiles on that LPAR and grant them authority to the needed transport directories. What happened though is once I did that I changed the passwords on both systems to match and didn't take into account the install process had the password we installed in the preliminary steps of the install stored somewhere. So after changing both LPAR's <sid>adm password to the install defined password, all went well.

Again thank you so very much. Much karma to both of you.

Doug

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Doug

I just finished PI 7.1 on V6R1 with sweating a lot...... Mostly my issues are about master and kernel are incompatible with V6R1 but not match your case. So, I have to ask this first, the user you are using to install, is it a SECOFR class? Which step on sapinst screen is stopping you?

Thanks,

Effan