SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Reference Site, Define Pricing Level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I have two questions

1) Can i use existing site as a reference sit or i need to create reference site separately for reference

purpose only

and what is the impact if i use existing site as a reference site

which is a standard step to follow

2) where we can define pricing level e.g. 01 for Distribution chain ,02 for site , 03 for price list which is standard in system

what is path for this

thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hanumant,

To simplify the entry procedure when creating a new site, you can identify a reference site from which the system copies settings for the new site.

Following are the type of data which are copied:

General site data

Calendar

Valuation/Inventory Management

Listing

Requirements planning

Distribution (Distribution profile)

POS interface

Layouts

Administrative data (Node type supply chain network)

Reference (Dept., Merc. Cat.)

Hence the reference sites entered in site profiles will be used as reference when new stores are created with the respective site profile.

Also see to that , all the sites (stores/dc) you create using the reference site, will be assigned to it by default. Any changes made to Reff. Site, will reflect in all sites created using it.

So if your existing site is satisfying all these needs then you may carry on with that.

But my personal opinion: Create a new reference site and reference DC.

Hope it helps,

Regards,

Anirban Roy

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hanumant,

To simplify the entry procedure when creating a new site, you can identify a reference site from which the system copies settings for the new site.

Following are the type of data which are copied:

General site data

Calendar

Valuation/Inventory Management

Listing

Requirements planning

Distribution (Distribution profile)

POS interface

Layouts

Administrative data (Node type supply chain network)

Reference (Dept., Merc. Cat.)

Hence the reference sites entered in site profiles will be used as reference when new stores are created with the respective site profile.

Also see to that , all the sites (stores/dc) you create using the reference site, will be assigned to it by default. Any changes made to Reff. Site, will reflect in all sites created using it.

So if your existing site is satisfying all these needs then you may carry on with that.

But my personal opinion: Create a new reference site and reference DC.

Hope it helps,

Regards,

Anirban Roy

0 Kudos

Hi,

So the recommendation is to create a reference site and not just copy from an existing site, right? Are there any functionality that we will lose by not using Reference site?

Thanks

Subha

0 Kudos

Hi Subha ,

It is good if you use an exclusive ref. site.

See to that , all the sites (stores/dc) you create using the reference site, will be assigned to it by default. Any changes made to Reff. Site, will reflect in all sites created using it.

So if you , take any other site, as reference , all the site that are created using it, will belong to this hierarchy. (Note: is this site is assigned to site profile as ref. site).

Regards,

Anirban Roy