cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

blocking order ackowledgment on saving a SO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have a user exit (works in conjunction with a web-service) that screens our customers. If the screening fails, we wish to save the SO, but block the order acknowledgment. How do we achieve this (via standard SAP settings or even yet another user exit/BAdI/event etc) ? Please advise. Thank you.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, there is on PO-headers a tab for order confirmation/acknowledgment. I am not sure whether it's found on SO's as well ! But my client wants to block issuing such acknowledgment for both PO's and SO's, in case the supplier(s) and customer(s) respectively fail the screening via the web-service + user exit combo.

There is no printing involved, as such. Just saving the order in SAP and issuing the acknowledgment.

Now, on the purchase side, I am yet to get clarification as to whether they issue the acknowledgment from SAP manually (amending the PO manually to fill in the confirmation/acknowledgment tab) ...

Regards,

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, I would suggest you do some research (or at least look at the transaction) before posting questions on SDN. To my knowledge, there is no standard functionality for "order acknowledgement" for the sales orders in SAP. That's why some of the other posters seemed to assume that you're talking about some kind of an output (e.g. a printed document or an IDoc that would be sent to the customer).

Since there is no acknowledgement, there is nothing to block here. Unless there is some kind of custom functionality in your system, which the client is calling "order acknowledgement", but that really means something different in "sapanese". In this case you're on your own.

The standard blocking options for the sales orders include delivery block and billing block. Both may be applied programmatically, based on whatever criteria you choose. This will block the order from the further processing in SAP.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Define "order acknowledgment". What is it that you're trying to do exactly?

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do you know you do not want to print an acknowledgement? Use that field value as a requirement in the output determination. You will need to have the requirement created by ABAP and then use it in output determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the business need you want to stop acknowledgment, then we can think on it.

please reply to this so that we can have a soolution.

Thanks,

Venkat Cheedalla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Standard SAP requirement 2 can be used for the output condition type and If the order is incomplete or under credit block, the order confirmation will not be printed based on this requirement.

If you need any further specific field to be checked then you can develope a custom routine and assign it to your output condition type in your procedure.

You can provide the specifications to the ABAP person and he will create the routine for you.

Thanks

Sai